East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

12 hours ago, Pussy Galore said:

Yet another loan deal? ffs that is outrageous. As much as I think the loan system is a good and healthy one when used in the proper manner, their abuse of it cannot be good for the club as a whole, or the progression of any youth players at the club.

Ridiculous rule where he is suspended for 2 weeks for cove and can go out on loan and play 2 games to serve a suspension without being reinstated , but like you say what message does it send out to the strikers at that club already and explains the state the club is in just now 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with your assessment Nutshell. It was fantastic value. Sauchie played Whitburn of the park the first half and should have scored a few but it was different game in the second half and Whitburn at least four decent chance to go ahead before you got the penalty that never was. The referee also booked ten players in a game which could never have been described as dirty. In the end it was a close affair and Whitburn could have stolen a point. Whitburn's position in the league does not reflect their play this year as they have lost or drawn games through a number of refereeing blunders. Hope that Sauchie go on to gain promotion. Their passing games was good to watch on a heavy, slippy surface.

Think whitburn will improve and their league position is not a true reflection on the team. Will take points off teams which is great for Sauchie as we have now played them twice with maximum points. Good luck to them for the rest of the season. See Sauchie die hard John tully is for sale. Great big guy and good player surprised he's leaving

• 2 weeks later...

All the best to Darren Smith, now he has been confirmed as joint manager at Tranent. 

Darren was a quality player when he was at Musselburgh. Not the quickest of players, but his skill and passing of the ball in each game he played for the Burgh was a joy. Showed great leadership on the pitch, and I'm sure he will be a top manager for our close neighbours.

All a bit quiet on the Whitburn front, they were poor against us last Saturday in a friendly (4-0) and gubbed by Haddington yesterday (4-0), think they've only won one league game since sacking Hendrie 4 months ago, 5 points from 7 games I make it.

I thought it was a crazy decision at the time to sack him, and by the looks of it they've gotten worse. What do Whitburn fans think? looking bleak.

On 19/02/2017 at 14:02, Burnie_man said:

...gubbed by Haddington yesterday (4-0)...

A bit unfair on Whitburn there, Burnie man.  It was a win, it was 4-0, but up until we got the second, after the Whitburn bloke was sent off, it was a bit "squeaky bum"...and that was, what, 83 minutes?

Far be it for me to stick up for another Club, but Whitburn aren't as dire as their league position would suggest.

22 minutes ago, Hidden Toon said:

A bit unfair on Whitburn there, Burnie man.  It was a win, it was 4-0, but up until we got the second, after the Whitburn bloke was sent off, it was a bit "squeaky bum"...and that was, what, 83 minutes?

Far be it for me to stick up for another Club, but Whitburn aren't as dire as their league position would suggest.

They do say the league never lies, and after their performance the previous week - albeit in a friendly - then I tend to think their league position reflects their current form. One of their fans said to me a fortnight ago on the way out "you'll be passing us on the way up"

Just interested to hear the views of the Whitburn guys on here.

It's a friendly which doesn't count one bit and I can't believe it's still getting mentioned, league form very poor and I am sure Whitburn would like the form that put a superleague team out of the Scottish in the next 10 or so games to survive.

A friendly in the middle of the season where both teams field strong XI's is a fairly good indicator, especially when the result is compared to league form of both clubs.

Whitburn were a better team last season when they got promoted.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to go to Dalkeith v Tranent instead of Penicuik v Nitten as I wanted to see a competitive match. Think overall Tranent deserved the win but was still impressed by Paul Tansey. With his skills and control of the ball; given the same opportunity as his brother, Paul is a better player.

Ok halfway through march who do we think is going up and going down? Who is the best team you have seen and who are the worst?

For me top 2 are kennoway and sauchie. Arniston will put a run together to get 3rd. West End don have a natural goalscorer unlike the other 3 who have a striker with goals in them. Sauchie will win the league with ease and kennoway second with ease. Relegation is violet, whitburn and armadale. I cant see any of those 3 putting runs together to get themselves out of trouble. Armadale only team capable of picking up the odd result with the wide players they have but don't think they have enough. For me best team i have seen is Dalkieth and worst i have seen is St Andrews. Although i am talking 1 off games.

Hope you are right on the top two ! Tho I think there will be a lo t of twists & turns. Sauchie will probably playing 3 games a week come May & that is a big ask so maybe not cut & dried yet, at the bottom St. Andrews aren't safe yet but it looks like the bottom 3 may go down

• 3 weeks later...

Very quiet on here after couple of weeks of interesting results. Top 2 look set to be kennoway and sauchie with Forfar claiming 3rd after their draw with arniston. Bottom 3 are as they were really unless whitburn can pick up some incredible results. Anyone disagree?

Forfar have promotion in their own hands. Four wins and they're up. Over the next two weeks both West End and Kennoway play Whitburn which will be interesting.

At the bottom Saints have managed to turn three wins into draws in their last three games and Whitburn's win at Bathgate has given me the heebies. 

Armadale and Violet are surely gone.

On a side note I believe Kennoway are looking to groundshare with East Fife from next season as a 4G pitch is being installed at Bayview. 

Archived