East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

Everybody comes on and asks for future fixtures so they can organise hospitality packages etc. I think this is the first time we have had fixtures for four weeks ahead (as have been asked for) and with the frost last weekend it has made it a shambles ! Unfortunately cant have it both ways & defo never please everybody

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some result for kennoway today ! Even with Armadale loosing there discipline. A great end to the year. Also Glenrothes nearly taking something from FWE would have helped. But points on the board count and that another 3 with 9 goals added to the GD.

Cracking end to the year at Creamery Park in a very entertaining match. Both sides evenly matched in the first half hour but two goals from Darren Dalrymple, the first a smashing shot from the edge of the area, saw the home side go in at half time deservedly in front.

Second half and Dalrymple almost completed his hat trick with an improvised hooked effort before Dalkeith began to apply some serious pressure to try and get back into the match. A couple of efforts that hit the woodwork and an effort off the line followed but Robbie Feeney put the game out of reach with a stunning free kick. Dalkeith did score when Bathgate conceded their obligatory penalty at home but the home side were comfortable from there and saw the game out for another welcome three points.

Tayport where by far the better team and played all the football if there was linesman we would have won that game comfortable some of the things whitburn got away with was the worst decisions i have seen in a long time blatent free kicks not giving our way and the first whitburn goals was a farce from the ref not waiting until our sub was ready to replace the injured player and having nine men on the park let the ref help whitburn score

Tayport where by far the better team and played all the football if there was linesman we would have won that game comfortable some of the things whitburn got away with was the worst decisions i have seen in a long time blatent free kicks not giving our way and the first whitburn goals was a farce from the ref not waiting until our sub was ready to replace the injured player and having nine men on the park let the ref help whitburn score

Thought it was a pretty even game to be honest and it was only a wonder goal that separated the two teams at half time. Tayport should have been a man down in the first half when the keeper came out for the ball and Robertson took the ball round him only to be taken down by a Tayport defender when he was ready to tap the ball into the empty net.
Second half Tayport got the second goal which from where I was standing looked stone wall off side as the boy tapped it in on the line with the goalkeeper in front of him and only 1 Whitburn defender behind the goalkeeper. Whitburn fought back well and were unlucky not to win it at the end when a low cross along the 6 yard line was just missed by the big ex sauchie striker.
The referee was terrible I agree but I being a Whitburn fan would say his decisions against Whitburn cost them the 3 points not sending off the defender in the first half, missing the hand ball in the penalty area in the first half and allowing Tayports second goal to stand when it was clearly offside

• 2 weeks later...

Great result for KSH on sat 6-2 against a sticky downfield side who don't concede that much. Starting 11 with one 24 year old and the rest younger. Future looks good for a team that was described as full of "amateur players at best" by a anonymous poster

• 2 weeks later...
couple of red Lichtie fans I work with both reckon that he more than anyone made Murray the player he is

Defo true, he was a perfect partner for Shaggers arse ooooot hold up play. Shagger did the aforementioned arse oooot hold up and put him in behind the defence on a number of occasions.

Murray still a class act though, all the best to Mr McManus.

Archived