East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haddington have been like that for years, I took in one of their away games at Edinburgh Utd a few years back when their manager (George Bowmaker), at the time, deliberately had it in for one of their ex players. The lad was lucky not to have both his leg broken as at least 3 of their players consistently tried to injure him with over the ball and high tackles. Expect shortly they'll be back in the bottom league where they belong *******good riddance.

Haddington can go get to f$$k. East region juniors FA should be ashamed of themselves as well for allowing this sort of behavior from players to happen. The players words were after breaking a boys leg. Job done. We'll see you for the second half of the job in the return game. Lucky there wasn't a riot on saturday at beechwood and most of it was started by the haddington assistant. No sure who he is but shouldn't be anywhere near a football park.

Haddington can go get to f$$k. East region juniors FA should be ashamed of themselves as well for allowing this sort of behavior from players to happen. The players words were after breaking a boys leg. Job done. We'll see you for the second half of the job in the return game. Lucky there wasn't a riot on saturday at beechwood and most of it was started by the haddington assistant. No sure who he is but shouldn't be anywhere near a football park.

That is horrific if that the words that came out the guy's mouth who done it. Should b banned for life. Boys play the sport as a hobby and at this level because there half decent. But they still have life's to live. That poor guy won't b able to work for weeks maybe months. If he has a family and lots of out goings he could find it tough.
Who was the haddington player that said that?
If true. Needs thought a lesson.

I don't remember Haddington being a dirty team when we have played them. Is there any evidence that the player who made the tackle say that? If he did then he will be dealt with I am sure by his club. As for the comment calling for him to be taught a lesson that is also out of order.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 08:56, Nutshell said:

I'm in agreement it was nothing but assault and the club should take it further to prevent this happening again. Disgusting behavior

as I said is there any evidence of this. If folk are saying its an assault then why have they not phoned the police to report it?

I would imagine if the club have issues over it then they will deal direct with their Haddington counterparts.

most importantly how is his recovery going?

what do Haddington fans make of the incident?

Speaking to Lee Murray last week (st Andrews chairman and ex east fife chairman ) and he was telling me he has quit as chairman at St. Andrews  

seems strange for club not to announce this as it got a lot of coverage when the appointment was made and seemed like a good appointment 

12 hours ago, Sjm69 said:

Speaking to Lee Murray last week (st Andrews chairman and ex east fife chairman ) and he was telling me he has quit as chairman at St. Andrews  

seems strange for club not to announce this as it got a lot of coverage when the appointment was made and seemed like a good appointment 

Yes I was hearing this also, I believe the Committee did not share Lee's vision and the future of the club to progress. 

seems to me it's the same old committee as normal, holding back progression both on and off the park and you certainly can't have one without the other. Real shame as I thought he would have got Saints back on the correct pathway. I think it's time the committee take a look at themselves and either move on or get with reality. The club are back to where they were 3/4/5 yeas ago. All too many times members want to rant about their frustrations and slagging  of other members, players and management.  They are the ones that make the choices...

Blue Jean or Phil , as usual you know nothing , the club is going in the right direction. If you talk to the right people they will tell you. Lee was never chairman he was co chairman who was going to be voted in at agm. The committee decided not to vote him in and he got told ,so he never quit. They learned a lot of things and that's why that decision was made. St Andrews will get better as new manager knows it's not all about money and he can talk to people and isn't arrogant like some.

Old Glen, 

which committee member are you then, I merely stated I had heard from someone about him leaving. I have now heard it from 2 others. 

Ps if your the same committee member that spoke to me at the Penicuik game while in the company of a female and an older gentleman, when you were moaning about everything being a select 2/3 committee members. Yet you seem to be the one that seems to have an influence.  You know who you are, since you clearly never got my name it's Michael Wilson or Mikey to my friends. 

FooFoo45 I suspect you have heard the same stuff and maybe have stories to shed but like myself just want the club to do well and come to games without there being dramas from certain committee members. 

We all like a wee moan but it's the same people that speak about each other to anyone willing to listen. 

Archived