East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

4 hours ago, lochee12 said:

I would agree Anniston are a very good team, with 9,10,11 all good players. But it's clear where your problems are. Downfield like to get the ball down and play football but when you go to places like Arniston You work hard and grind our 3 points and we certainly did that

We were down to ten men for 85 minutes and we passed the ball far better than Downfield. They certainly took there chances when they came I am not denying that, Goals win games. Our defence is usually solid but our two first choice central defenders have had virtually no pre season so that will come I think.

8 hours ago, Spider123 said:

For you boys to say that the challenge was a yellow card is shocking. The boy left the park with stud marks down his leg and went to the hospital when he got back into Dundee. I would have to disagree and say use were better team as I thought game was fairly end to end and downfield took there chances. Ur number 9 was very good today and hurt downfield when on ball. The ref was shocking for both teams as ur 2ns goal shouldn't have counted as ur no 10 had 2 slaps on downfiekd no 4 off the ball and ur left midfielder was 3 yards offside when he scored.  But at the end of the day the downfield walked away with 3 fully  deserved points.

Apart from a 10 minute spell after your 1st goal where you were on top we controlled the game. You were hitting us on the break and that's were your other goals came from. 

Your number 3 and your captain were having niggles all day aswell. Folk in glass houses and all that. Part and parcel of Junior football. Well if he was offside for the 2nd that makes up for the stonewall penalty we didn't get when your keeper brought down Lumbert at 1-0. We could go on all day with whataboutery.

I genuinely hope the guys who was injured is OK and has a quick recovery. Like I said from my angle it looked like a 50 50 and he was late but others said it was a red so may well have been.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

We were down to ten men for 85 minutes and we passed the ball far better than Downfield. They certainly took there chances when they came I am not denying that, Goals win games. Our defence is usually solid but our two first choice central defenders have had virtually no pre season so that will come I think.

Apart from a 10 minute spell after your 1st goal where you were on top we controlled the game. You were hitting us on the break and that's were your other goals came from. 

Your number 3 and your captain were having niggles all day aswell. Folk in glass houses and all that. Part and parcel of Junior football. Well if he was offside for the 2nd that makes up for the stonewall penalty we didn't get when your keeper brought down Lumbert at 1-0. We could go on all day with whataboutery.

I genuinely hope the guys who was injured is OK and has a quick recovery. Like I said from my angle it looked like a 50 50 and he was late but others said it was a red so may well have been.

ARFC Acile - for you to state you were the better team and passed the ball much better than Downfield...I suggest you take your ARFC tinted glasses off! 

As anyone who has ever played any level of football will tell you, sometimes playing against 10 men proves more difficult that playing against 11. As a neutral...it suited yourselves going down to 10 men leaving the boy Lambert upfront on his own. Who is a very good player by the way and without, Arniston would be very average! For a smaller lad he holds the ball up fantastically, runs in behind and links play with others and doesn't shy away from the physical side of things either (as could be seen with his on-going tussle with Downfield's No.4). 

Here is my neutral view - a very entertaining game played in good spirits by both teams. However for you to say the challenge in the first half on the young CB for Downfield wasn't reckless is shocking! He could have broke the young lads leg! As for your 'stonewall' penalty denied in the first half...have a word with yourself! The goalie takes the ball clean and then the boy...and if you ask your striker Lambert, he himself will tell you this also! Straight after said to the goalie it was never a PK so I would suggest you change your viewing point for future games or as stated above take your ARFC tinted glasses off! 

At the end of the day...it was a very entertaining game to watch with plenty chances for both teams, goals, sending offs, talking points, penalty saves and how the Downfield goalkeeper saved that shot near the end I'll never know! 

Both teams were a good advert for Junior football and I hope I will attend more games like it in future...

Maybe a draw would have been a fair result as it was a cruel blow for Arniston to loose after being down to 10en for so long...however goals win games! 

1 hour ago, Realis said:

ARFC Acile - for you to state you were the better team and passed the ball much better than Downfield...I suggest you take your ARFC tinted glasses off! 

As anyone who has ever played any level of football will tell you, sometimes playing against 10 men proves more difficult that playing against 11. As a neutral...it suited yourselves going down to 10 men leaving the boy Lambert upfront on his own. Who is a very good player by the way and without, Arniston would be very average! For a smaller lad he holds the ball up fantastically, runs in behind and links play with others and doesn't shy away from the physical side of things either (as could be seen with his on-going tussle with Downfield's No.4). 

Here is my neutral view - a very entertaining game played in good spirits by both teams. However for you to say the challenge in the first half on the young CB for Downfield wasn't reckless is shocking! He could have broke the young lads leg! As for your 'stonewall' penalty denied in the first half...have a word with yourself! The goalie takes the ball clean and then the boy...and if you ask your striker Lambert, he himself will tell you this also! Straight after said to the goalie it was never a PK so I would suggest you change your viewing point for future games or as stated above take your ARFC tinted glasses off! 

At the end of the day...it was a very entertaining game to watch with plenty chances for both teams, goals, sending offs, talking points, penalty saves and how the Downfield goalkeeper saved that shot near the end I'll never know! 

Both teams were a good advert for Junior football and I hope I will attend more games like it in future...

Maybe a draw would have been a fair result as it was a cruel blow for Arniston to loose after being down to 10en for so long...however goals win games! 

We were down to 10 men after 5 minutes so how would you know that playing with 11 wouldn't have suited us better? Hardly enough time to make a comparison even for someone who has played football at any level......saying that playing with 85 minutes with 10 men suits any team is just a ridiculous statement to make.

Read my post again and you will see I concede it could have been a red card as my angle wasn't the best. Hardly a massive denial with tinted specs.

Agreed it was a fantastic game and hopefully see more like that over the course of the season.

The tone of your whole post regarding Arniston hardly comes across as 'neutral'. Without Lumbert we would be average would we? Hmmmm some of our players must have been invisible to you yesterday then.

All about opinions pal. You can stick with yours I'll have mine. 

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 13:00, ARFC Exile said:

We were down to 10 men after 5 minutes so how would you know that playing with 11 wouldn't have suited us better? Hardly enough time to make a comparison even for someone who has played football at any level......saying that playing with 85 minutes with 10 men suits any team is just a ridiculous statement to make.

Read my post again and you will see I concede it could have been a red card as my angle wasn't the best. Hardly a massive denial with tinted specs.

Agreed it was a fantastic game and hopefully see more like that over the course of the season.

The tone of your whole post regarding Arniston hardly comes across as 'neutral'. Without Lumbert we would be average would we? Hmmmm some of our players must have been invisible to you yesterday then.

All about opinions pal. You can stick with yours I'll have mine. 

When I say suited...you boys left the boy Lambert up front on his own to run channels and hold up the ball (which, as pointed out above he did fantastically) this allowing a couple of your midfielders to overlap. Which again a couple of them did very well.

I think, as pointed out above by someone else previously ARFC have a few good players but I thought your man up front made them tick on Saturday. Your right back was certainly invisible...Downfield's left mid had him on toast!  

Like you say all opinions. That's the beauty of a forum I guess!

Will certainly enjoy junior football this year if we have more games like this to look forward to!

Looking forward to welcoming Bathgate to the "stadio del central park" on Wednesday nite. A few lads from the work plus a few others going to it,Gaz whose on the bathgate committee a special welcome to him.I know he's done a sterling job for Thistle,enjoy yer night up in Whitburn toun,though not the final score !!

3 hours ago, Realis said:

When I say suited...you boys left the boy Lambert up front on his own to run channels and hold up the ball (which, as pointed out above he did fantastically) this allowing a couple of your midfielders to overlap. Which again a couple of them did very well.

I think, as pointed out above by someone else previously ARFC have a few good players but I thought your man up front made them tick on Saturday. Your right back was certainly invisible...Downfield's left mid had him on toast!  

Like you say all opinions. That's the beauty of a forum I guess!

Will certainly enjoy junior football this year if we have more games like this to look forward to!

Apologies if I came over a bit techy in my previous post. Guess I was still raw after the result on Saturday.

You are right wee Lumbo is a fantastic player who by rights should be playing at a higher level, but has been very loyal to us. That said when he is missing we still have plenty of options and can mix it with anyone imo.

The beauty of the premier league is how close it is. Anyone is capable of beating anyone which makes every point a prisoner. Probably why I was so uptight after the game!

Hopefully another great game at Dalkeith on Wednesday. If it's anything like the games between us last season it will be a cracker.

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 16:59, ARFC Exile said:

Arniston 2 Downfield 3 

A fantastic game of football even if my team came out second best. Arniston were the better team over the piece despite being down to 10 men from around 10 minutes in to the game. That's not to say the visitors didn't have chances and clinical finishing was the difference in the end.

Only negative note was the performance of the referee who gave some absolutely baffling decisions against both teams including another sending off for Arniston in the last seconds of the game.

Dalkieth midweek and we go again.

Ref was poor id also say a couple of subs to kill the game would be better aswell late goals last 2 games when guys have been tired 

Dalkeith 0 Arniston 1

A good crowd no doubt helped by the glorious sunshine, witnessed a well deserved victory for Arniston but again our poor finishing left us hanging on at the end and could have cost us.

Special mention to the Dalkeith goalkeeper who kept his side in it with some fantastic saves.

With a victory finally under our belt hopefully we can kick on from here.

Haddington claimed first blood of the season against derby rivals Tranent, winning 3-1 after being a goal down. Haddington had easily the best of the first half but went a goal behind against the run of play. Bounced back imediately and scored a second just before the half-time whistle. Fair play to Tranent, they came out of the traps in the second half and didn't let up for the rest of the game. But an excellent crowd (biggest at Millfield for a fair while despite it being midweek) saw Haddington weather the second half storm to bag the three points

I see only Sauchie left with a 100% record

Whitburn 1 Bathgate 1.Good hard fought derby at Central Park tonight,Bathgate well on top first half,took the lead midway through half and looked the more dangerous side,Whitburn came more into it as the half wore on,bathgate keeper made an unbelievable save from Gary Brass right on half time.Then Bathgate went down to ten men right on half time and that changed the course of the game.Whitburn dominated the 2nd half without really coming close to scoring,Bathgate were still dangerous on the break,was impressed with how quick they were up front.Whitburn got there rewards with 10 mins to go,when a cross was swung in from the right and a header was crashed into the Bathgate net for the equalizer.Whitburn had the ball in the net minutes later but it was ruled dubiously offside.Looking forward to the return fixture at Creamery Park later in the season :).

Archived