East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

First game of season and our game against them had been cancelled as they are unable to field a team.

Not a great start. What punishment can the receive for this?

They should have requested demotion to the South when they were struggling at the end of the season. Easier to rebuild there than the Premier. Looking bleak I suspect.

Watched Tayport v Tranent today Tayport dominated first half should have been out of sight. Tranent better second half draw probably right result Tayport full back harshly sent off in stoppage time after scoring equaliser. Both teams will be in mix at end of season

On Friday, August 05, 2016 at 11:10, Blue jean said:

Last nigsomethingout with my son in Windygates we managed to watch St Andrews Utd training and a friendly match taking place over on the other pitch. 

Jesus St Andrews were brutal, or maybe that's harsh but the standard was abysmal. The session was what looked to me as being thrown together and hope for the best. They did some passing drills which my 4 year old does at AM Soccer and some possession drill which the balls spent most of the time being collected in, then what can only be described as either a fitness shooting drill uphill into the goal or just lazy organisation. 

They finished off with a game with a big goal and 2 fun four size goals that my wee lad plays in at the other end, and the players running about taking 3 touches maximum and some needed 3 just to get the ball under control but was no thought or organisation into the session. 

To me the players just seemed to be moaning about it and looked half arsed as the training was IMO a shambles from the beginning. Coaches, no authority, no coaching, and seemed to walk about with the weight of the world on their shoulders. Seriously if that's a junior setup who think they are going to challenge then they better take a long hard look at themselves and the club and realise what's going on. Otherwise they should keep their clown feet and big hats and red noses on as the Moscow State Circus is coming soon and they would fit in perfectly for giving the public a laugh. 

On the other pitch was a friendly between Greig park Rangers and AM Soccer they must have thought a junior setup they must be having a laugh. As both teams looked far more a junior outfit than the St Andrews bunch. 

I think St Andrews would struggle in the Kingdom league... But would certainly learn some stuff from the decent Amateur teams in the area with their setups. 
I have seen Eastvale when they were still a club and GPR training sessions and they were far more constructive and organised than what was on show last night from a junior semi pro club. 

I stick to my opinion that Saints will struggle this season, maybe can get better players in but the quality from games I have seen and the training witnessed last night are quite poor, hopefully not things can improve but they are seriously miles away from challenging for any promotion and may be best trying to consolidate and look to build on that again next year and avoid relegation. 

There Is comment and criticism which Is everyones right to voice...and then there Is going out of your way to slander a very hard working management team and young group of new, enthusIastic players. Your comments are not only Ignorant and Inaccurate but are now bordering on obsessive and spitefilled. All too easy under an anonomous title. You seem to have an agenda and are bitter about someyhing known only to you...opinions are good, one-man campaigns are embarrassing.

FooFoo45

I don't really know what your going on about, but let's get one thing clear. There is no obsessiveness nor spite. 

I am entitled to my opinion like everyone on the forums. What I have watched has been very poor in games so far and Thurs night when I seen the squad training it was extremely laboured. What I seen was players training half hearted and going through the motions. The management may well work hard no one is saying otherwise but they either train that way all the time or it was too difficult for players or they were not focused enough. 

There are not any one man campaigns so again I am not sure what your saying...

what I can tell you though which I do not believe it is at this stage, was the 5/6 supporters discussing in the social club afterwards that it's as bad as it's ever been and that's based on players, management and committee. 

The rumours start generally when you have a couple of committee members who like to have a wee nip or beer before and after the game who are all too keen to update supporters in the bar or at the pitch side about what's happening.

Arniston 2 Downfield 3 

A fantastic game of football even if my team came out second best. Arniston were the better team over the piece despite being down to 10 men from around 10 minutes in to the game. That's not to say the visitors didn't have chances and clinical finishing was the difference in the end.

Only negative note was the performance of the referee who gave some absolutely baffling decisions against both teams including another sending off for Arniston in the last seconds of the game.

Dalkieth midweek and we go again.

4 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Arniston 2 Downfield 3 

A fantastic game of football even if my team came out second best. Arniston were the better team over the piece despite being down to 10 men from around 10 minutes in to the game. That's not to say the visitors didn't have chances and clinical finishing was the difference in the end.

Only negative note was the performance of the referee who gave some absolutely baffling decisions against both teams including another sending off for Arniston in the last seconds of the game.

Dalkieth midweek and we go again.

Im still scratchin my head how we lost this game.....no way sending off...whole game with 10 men....played them of the patk...tore them up time and time again...fair point that the chances they got  they buried....a very hard pysical team who will hold their own in the league but  that was 3 points that got away from arni...continue playng like that and  wete bound to put teams to the sword .

1 hour ago, jenniferarniston said:

Im still scratchin my head how we lost this game.....no way sending off...whole game with 10 men....played them of the patk...tore them up time and time again...fair point that the chances they got  they buried....a very hard pysical team who will hold their own in the league but  that was 3 points that got away from arni...continue playng like that and  wete bound to put teams to the sword .

Agreed we were the better team and had enough chances to win the next three games but we just weren't clinical enough. When we missed the penalty I just had that feeling it wasn't going to.be our day.

I was actually expecting a bit more from them but when we get the ball down and move it at pace teams just can't cope. Thomson and Mcternan in particular were superb today considering we were a man down for 85 minutes.

The sending off could have went either way. I personally thought it was yellow but others said he went with two feet but I didn't have the best angle to see it. The second sending off was ridiculous at that stage of the game, particulary when you consider the way the Downfield players behaved towards the ref after our second goal. The ref was inconsistent all day.

Like you say if we continue to play that way we will be right in the mix come the end of the season.

For you boys to say that the challenge was a yellow card is shocking. The boy left the park with stud marks down his leg and went to the hospital when he got back into Dundee. I would have to disagree and say use were better team as I thought game was fairly end to end and downfield took there chances. Ur number 9 was very good today and hurt downfield when on ball. The ref was shocking for both teams as ur 2ns goal shouldn't have counted as ur no 10 had 2 slaps on downfiekd no 4 off the ball and ur left midfielder was 3 yards offside when he scored.  But at the end of the day the downfield walked away with 3 fully  deserved points.

For you boys to say that the challenge was a yellow card is shocking. The boy left the park with stud marks down his leg and went to the hospital when he got back into Dundee. I would have to disagree and say use were better team as I thought game was fairly end to end and downfield took there chances. Ur number 9 was very good today and hurt downfield when on ball. The ref was shocking for both teams as ur 2ns goal shouldn't have counted as ur no 10 had 2 slaps on downfiekd no 4 off the ball and ur left midfielder was 3 yards offside when he scored.  But at the end of the day the downfield walked away with 3 fully  deserved points.

Slaver

I would agree Anniston are a very good team, with 9,10,11 all good players. But it's clear where your problems are. Downfield like to get the ball down and play football but when you go to places like Arniston You work hard and grind our 3 points and we certainly did that

Archived