Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, BerwickMad said:

He has the lowest popularity rating of any leader in history, so yes, I can say he's unpopular.

I didn't say I had been around the doorsteps. I speak to people that have, hence me using Leeds and Sunderland as examples.

I see. So it's more a case of my pals pal told me to believe this?

Also, you're making things up. The likes of David Cameron, George Osborne and Boris Johnson all got considerably worse ratings than Jeremy Corbyn.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/04/08/camerons-ratings-now-lower-corbyns/

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see. So it's more a case of my pals pal told me to believe this?

Also, you're making things up. The likes of David Cameron, George Osborne and Boris Johnson all got considerably worse ratings than Jeremy Corbyn.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/04/08/camerons-ratings-now-lower-corbyns/

IMG_1470665688.614797.jpg.7ec284f474c5d9

16 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Whataboutary

80% of your MPs attack Corbyn and shout from the rooftops that he is unfit to lead the Party and will never be elected PM then you show a graph showing his popularity is at a record low and suggest he is to blame.  Get a grip of yourself.

80% of your MPs attack Corbyn and shout from the rooftops that he is unfit to lead the Party and will never be elected PM then you show a graph showing his popularity is at a record low and suggest he is to blame.  Get a grip of yourself.

Sweep sweep sweep. More 'nothing to be seen here' in the face of polls, statistics and examples from those who've worked with him. The utter delusion that it's simply the PLP and the nasty media who are making Corbyn unpopular is staggering. Blaming the electorate again. Simply implying to be against him means you are a Tory, stupid, or back illegal wars is pathetic. He has a narrow passionate support base, that you're clearly part of as it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside because he says what you want to hear. He's speaking to the converted in you.

Unfortunately the reality is different. He has zero chance of convincing the 10million plus needed because outside people like you, he's seen as incompetent and a bit of a clown. I've sat in branch meetings and the most passionate supporters of Corbyn haven't got a clue of the suffering the Tories have caused to the people at the bottom. Many of them couldn't care if Labour are in power or not.

We could go round in circles forever here because it's all conspiracy theories, ignoring the reality, poor us and an attitude that the man can do no wrong.

2 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Sweep sweep sweep. More 'nothing to be seen here' in the face of polls, statistics and examples from those who've worked with him. The utter delusion that it's simply the PLP and the nasty media who are making Corbyn unpopular is staggering. Blaming the electorate again. Simply implying to be against him means you are a Tory, stupid, or back illegal wars is pathetic. He has a narrow passionate support base, that you're clearly part of as it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside because he says what you want to hear. He's speaking to the converted in you.

Unfortunately the reality is different. He has zero chance of convincing the 10million plus needed because outside people like you, he's seen as incompetent and a bit of a clown. I've sat in branch meetings and the most passionate supporters of Corbyn haven't got a clue of the suffering the Tories have caused to the people at the bottom. Many of them couldn't care if Labour are in power or not.

We could go round in circles forever here because it's all conspiracy theories, ignoring the reality, poor us and an attitude that the man can do no wrong.

You've got a nerve to accuse anyone of sweeping anything.  What do you think Corbyn's popularity ratings would presently be standing at if the PLP had been behind him for the past number of months and they had collectively been attacking the Tories?

You've got a nerve to accuse anyone of sweeping anything.  What do you think Corbyn's popularity ratings would presently be standing at if the PLP had been behind him for the past number of months and they had collectively been attacking the Tories?

I've no idea, but his popularity ratings were low at the end of 2015 too. He's the leader, so it's his job to earn the respect of his MPs too. If he does things to undermine their work, like he did with Lilian Greenwood, he compromises on next to nothing, and doesn't turn up to PLP meetings, how can he expect any respect from MPs. It would be the same in any job where employees felt their boss wasn't treating them seriously. He's clearly not a leader as all his mishaps show. There's more to the story than 80% of MPs turning against him for no reason, as Owen Jones, one of his biggest supporters 10 months ago talks of. You're happy to ignore absolutely everything. That's up to you.

Even if Corbyn was sitting at 70% public approval the PLP would still be manoeuvring behind the scenes to remove him. The coup was a foregone conclusion from the second he was elected. Regardless of all the other factors it is ridiculous to suggest the PLP are simply reacting to his performance since being elected.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You're wasting your time. People like BerwickMad and JMO want a UK where every political party is chasing the same group of people by offering up the same policies.

Forget democracy. It's all about the colour of tie that takes over office. It doesn't matter if they merely continue where the previous government left off.

I'm looking forward to a sweeping Corbyn victory, if only for the floods of tears it'll bring from toadies like JMO. However it doesn't ultimately matter whether Corbyn or Smith leads the party. Labour won't be electable in any shape or form for at least another two GEs, probably more. It will take an absolutely amazing own goal from the Tories to f**k it up.

Labour are absolutely rooked both north and south of the border, and in all honesty I'm fucking loving it.

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

All Corbyn types get  voted onto the nec,owen smith is donald ducked

Just to add johanne baxter got voted off,this pleases me

He was donald ducked regardless tbh. At least now him and his supporters can cling onto the court verdict and try and claim that was the reason he lost.

Just now, Cream Cheese said:

He was donald ducked regardless tbh. At least now him and his supporters can cling onto the court verdict and try and claim that was the reason he lost.

Just to be clear im like jupe,im loving there demise

Just now, doulikefish said:

Just to be clear im like jupe,im loving there demise

I'm quite indifferent about it tbh. All the UK (english) parties are soon going to be a complete irrelevance to Scotland. I still think Corbyn will surprise a lot of people though.

1 minute ago, Cream Cheese said:

I'm quite indifferent about it tbh. All the UK (english) parties are soon going to be a complete irrelevance to Scotland. I still think Corbyn will surprise a lot of people though.

I'm not completely indifferent; even after Independence England will be our closest neighbour.  I would far prefer to see a progressive political party in government in rUK than a Tory or Tory-lite one.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm not completely indifferent; even after Independence England will be our closest neighbour.  I would far prefer to see a progressive political party in government in rUK than a Tory or Tory-lite one.

After independence, it's fair game. England will get the government that it votes for as it always has done. It's not our concern who other countries vote in as their governments.

Archived