Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they genuinely wanted to "bring a left wing alternative" then they shouldn't have voted for a mumbleclown with no credible prospect of winning power. Twice. That has little to do with the brand and everything to do with backing an absolutely abysmal political leader. 
But as the Momentum goons have no interest in building a party that can credibly challenge for power, they'll continue to back the mumbleclown until he eventually falls on his sword. 

Nah I do agree. I think they saw an opportunity when Corbyn entered the ballot and have stuck by him not so much out of belief in him more opposition to the PLP and centre right of the party. To me, it looks as doomed as RISE's run up here at the last election but that's for the English left to sort out cause we're hopefully in our way out of the CDU.

You just have this doubt that he's more an ideas man. All piss and hot air, although that's a common enough trait in politicians. Who is going to actually see policies through? Corbyn just doesn't strike me as that boy.

You just have this doubt that he's more an ideas man. All piss and hot air, although that's a common enough trait in politicians. Who is going to actually see policies through? Corbyn just doesn't strike me as that boy.

I thought his speech was ok today but there was very little in the way of detail and I do worry about whether Labour will be able to come up with a manifesto in time, other than pretty much repeating the 2015 one.

It's probably a continuation of a dead thread he's talking about.

That would make sense. Not sure what the change in tone is though. Change in a good way or a bad way?

I think most people would prefer a Labour government down South than this current Tory one. Even a flaky Labour government is preferable to the current Tory offering.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/21/theresa-may-cyncism-election-lynton-crosby-snp-alex-salmond

I was struck by this in Salmonds' latest article, Corbyn could have achieved the act of not looking frit of an election, and at the same time inviting May to basically admit she had no confidence in her own government, which would've been a great way to start an election campaign.

Even if for some insane reason he still wanted the election, the Labour leader could then have moved a motion of no confidence in the government. This would have left May with the unpalatable choice of having to back it to have the election she craved, or move her own motion of no confidence in her own government. When the full story of the 2017 election is written, this act of self-destruction by Corbyn will be one of the most difficult to interpret or explain.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/21/theresa-may-cyncism-election-lynton-crosby-snp-alex-salmond

I was struck by this in Salmonds' latest article, Corbyn could have achieved the act of not looking frit of an election, and at the same time inviting May to basically admit she had no confidence in her own government, which would've been a great way to start an election campaign.

It's like he doesn't have any political nous at all.

Even if for some insane reason he still wanted the election, the Labour leader could then have moved a motion of no confidence in the government. This would have left May with the unpalatable choice of having to back it to have the election she craved, or move her own motion of no confidence in her own government. When the full story of the 2017 election is written, this act of self-destruction by Corbyn will be one of the most difficult to interpret or explain.

Yeah there was an article on Labour list before the vote saying pretty much the same thing.

Coyne (anti-Corbyn) is rumoured to be narrowly ahead of incumbent McClusksy (pro-Corbyn) in the Unite leadership race. Though apparently a legal challenge will likely follow.

Archived