Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whatever your opinion on the issue, and whether you think Kezia is an absolute muppet or not, it's still another example of an utter incompetent leader blurting out something without bothering to consult anyone, or simply not knowing what the policy is. Totally unsuited to leadership and it's no wonder representatives and activists get annoyed when they're sticking to message on things and the leader sends a curveball. The kind of thing that annoyed me last year when delivering leaflets on the EU referendum saying one thing, and him and McDonnell running what almost seemed like a separate campaign.

If he wants to change party policy, he should do it properly, not blurt it out then rely on the army of blinkered abusive social media clones to go on the attack with this 'get behind your democratically elected leader' pish.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever your opinion on the issue, and whether you think Kezia is an absolute muppet or not, it's still another example of an utter incompetent leader blurting out something without bothering to consult anyone, or simply not knowing what the policy is. Totally unsuited to leadership and it's no wonder representatives and activists get annoyed when they're sticking to message on things and the leader sends a curveball. The kind of thing that annoyed me last year when delivering leaflets on the EU referendum saying one thing, and him and McDonnell running what almost seemed like a separate campaign.

If he wants to change party policy, he should do it properly, not blurt it out then rely on the army of blinkered abusive social media clones to go on the attack with this 'get behind your democratically elected leader' pish.

Perhaps kezia should have consulted with the party leader instead of making stuff up on the hoof....if labour members and activists are so angry with Corbyn how come he keeps getting voted in overwhelmingly even when the PLP try to rig the vote??

Perhaps kezia should have consulted with the party leader instead of making stuff up on the hoof....if labour members and activists are so angry with Corbyn how come he keeps getting voted in overwhelmingly even when the PLP try to rig the vote??

Because of a huge increase in the membership from, in my opinion, people who put their ideology above absolutely everything else, including the needs of real people who need an opposition holding this awful government to account.

You'll hold a branch meeting where 5 people turn up 2 months out of an election of the 150 or so. You'll have quite a good serious debate about the party locally and nationally and even disagreements are good natured. Then you look on social media and see people like Owen Jones subjected to the most ridiculous bile for daring to make some constructive criticism of Corbyn and you'll see anyone in the slightest bit critical described as a Red Tory.

As for Kezia, as far as I can see she hasn't broken away from anything. It's Corbyn who has blurted something out. If he was unhappy with her stance, the Scottish Labour stance, he should have managed it behind closed doors like any normal leader would.

Because of a huge increase in the membership from, in my opinion, people who put their ideology above absolutely everything else, including the needs of real people who need an opposition holding this awful government to account.

You'll hold a branch meeting where 5 people turn up 2 months out of an election of the 150 or so. You'll have quite a good serious debate about the party locally and nationally and even disagreements are good natured. Then you look on social media and see people like Owen Jones subjected to the most ridiculous bile for daring to make some constructive criticism of Corbyn and you'll see anyone in the slightest bit critical described as a Red Tory.

As for Kezia, as far as I can see she hasn't broken away from anything. It's Corbyn who has blurted something out. If he was unhappy with her stance, the Scottish Labour stance, he should have managed it behind closed doors like any normal leader would.

The PLP won't oppose the govt to protect real people....they abstained on the welfare reform bill. They only want power to enhance their own gravy train and happily sacrifice those who need a real opposition. The only want to oppose Corbyn n the snp not the tories

Like Kez did with trident?

The PLP won't oppose the govt to protect real people....they abstained on the welfare reform bill. They only want power to enhance their own gravy train and happily sacrifice those who need a real opposition. The only want to oppose Corbyn n the snp not the tories

You sound like one of them to be fair. Anyone critical of Corbyn has to be on the gravy train. It is course, complete and utter nonsense.

46 minutes ago, dogmc said:

The PLP won't oppose the govt to protect real people....they abstained on the welfare reform bill. They only want power to enhance their own gravy train and happily sacrifice those who need a real opposition. The(y) only want to oppose Corbyn n the snp not the tories

Guid post :)

This. The abstention on Welfare Reform was an outright disgrace. One of many reasons I'm now looking forward to Labour being absolutely buried.

Owen Jones flounced off social media because he was challenged on what he wrote about Doncaster by the people he quoted in the article and he's quit social media before for writing about subjects he doesn't really have the authority to comment on by people who do. Interesting to see it taken immediately at face value and used as another example of the "abusive left" though.

Kez does nothing but blurt utter shite. And on this subject, if Corbyn feels the need to slap her down for her own good then that should be a good thing. But the usual suspects are like moths to a flame as usual. Doesn't matter what the better course of action is. Just who takes it.

The irony of Kez railing against control from London.

Mixed messages too from the LibDems. Rennie against Indyref2, Clegg for it. Almost like London wants to finally cut us adrift. Along w/ the Orange brethern in NorIreland who 'aren't really British'...

:lol:
https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/841203245519425536
He genuinely doesn't know what he's doing and he's still the best Labour have got!

It's taken him a couple of days but at least someone gave him the script.

He was sort of shown up by John McDonnell yesterday. Don't get me wrong I would prefer Corbyn as leader than McDonnell but I got the impression McDonnell actually pays a bit of attention to the things he wades in on.

Who actually gives a f**k what Labour (Scottish or otherwise) think about having a 2nd referendum. They have absolutely no power at any level to stop or allow it. You're as well asking me if I'd block a 2nd referendum as you are Kezia Dugdale FFS.

16 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Corbyn is a clownshoe, but - when you look at his remarks within context - was he not just echoing the line that Dugdale adopted eight months ago? 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/07/kezia-dugdale-scotland-independence-referendum-brexit-scottish-labour

Yeah, no one with a brain can deny that Corbyn is a blithering incompetent with no leadership ability whatsoever, but while he has undermined Dugdale in the past it's hard to see what else he was supposed to do here. If he says anything about the prospect of a second referendum then you can find a statement from Dugdale saying the opposite, and that's because Dugdale has flopped about wildly on the issue with no consistent message. The fact that Corbyn is also an utterly dreadful leader doesn't make this his fault.

Who actually gives a f**k what Labour (Scottish or otherwise) think about having a 2nd referendum. They have absolutely no power at any level to stop or allow it. You're as well asking me if I'd block a 2nd referendum as you are Kezia Dugdale FFS.

Nicola Sturgeon apparently, she's just quoted him.

I quote plenty of folk on here whose opinions I don't give a f**k about. Mocking isn't the same as caring.

Your mini-meltdown is showing just how much you don't care.

5 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Your mini-meltdown is showing just how much you don't care.

You're right. I do care. I take enormous pleasure seeing the Labour party's ongoing implosion. Two incompetent leader's flip-flopping and contradicting each other all over the place is a great laugh.

Archived