Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If they oust Corbyn and replace him with a Blairite shill they are destined for PASOKification and it'll be nothing more than they deserve. Corbyn must stay for the sake of rUK, Plus the membership will go fucking nuts and the unions wouldn't be happy. The rUK need a social democratic alternative.

Labour won't replace Corbyn with a Blairite, too controversial and probably wouldn't have the support of the PLP never mind the membership. They'll go with a unity candidate.

As for the Unions they are pretty unhappy with Corbyn on the ground. He is ineffective and a poor leader. I'm fairly involved with my Union and there is a lot of dissatisfaction with Corbyn.

The membership is still divided, but we are divided under Corbyn and will be divided if he leaves. This notion that the membership are all rabid Corbyn supporters just isn't true in my experience. I can only really talk about my CLP but here it feels about 50:50. Corbyn needs to go.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course she's atrocious but that's not the point. She showed some leadership and verve, which every other prominent Labour figure failed to do and her stock must be riding high.

I watched Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell last night. Senile, superannuated auld Dimbleby ran rings round him.

She hasn't shown any leadership. She's been snide, smug and alienated most of her colleagues. I would prefer Corbyn stay on.

Statement from Hilary Benn

post-20211-14669204613682_thumb.jpg

A thoroughly decent man and a fantastic MP. Corbyn knows it's game over and he spitting the dummy out. Need to make this as quick and painless as possible and get in their to deal with the fallout from the EU referendum as quickly as possible.

Why do people keep including David Miliband as a genuine option in these things? He's not even an MP.

I suspect Tom Watson is the only candidate in that poll remotely capable of building a coalition between the parliamentary party, membership and big unions.

He might be if they parachute him into a certain by election that is coming up reasonably soon.

I'd love it if they picked Angela Eagle. She has to be the least charismatic front bench politician I've ever seen.

Statement from Hilary Benn

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1466920460.345826.jpg

A thoroughly decent man and a fantastic MP. Corbyn knows it's game over and he spitting the dummy out. Need to make this as quick and painless as possible and get in their to deal with the fallout from the EU referendum as quickly as possible.

'Spitting the dummy out'?

Here's a question for you. If a leader you approved of had recently been elected by a fair majority and then sacked a front bench spokesperson who was plotting against him would you use the same phrase?

No doubt Benn will try to spin things differently over the next 48 hours but he got sacked. He didn't resign, he didn't initiate the 'phone call. He tried to start a coup and Corbyn did the only thing he could do.

The knives are already out for Corbyn in the MSM. A single heckler at Gay Pride event getting significant coverage on the BBC and Sky websites.

Since when did a single heckler of a party leader become headline news?

'Hawl Corbyn you're shite and you'll never win the election'

'f**k off then'

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Good to see jmo 'scoop of the election' talking absolute shite about labour as usual

Archived