Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you could point to any evidence of this, any evidence at all (theories postulated by other P&Bers don't count incidentally), then that'd be just grand.

Watching Labour tear themselves to pieces whilst the Tories are an utter shambles and there for the taking is however, absolutely hilarious viewing.

Never change Labour, never change.

It's speculation.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean there's f**k all we can do about it.? How is it that different from holyrood politics?

Politics is about discussion, debate, and action. Some people get right in and campaign and go out and do stuff, others like to discuss and debate.

What's going on in Westminster rough now is incredibly interesting.

That was naughty missing out these two words.

Of course it's different from Holyrood politics.

Fine ye ken it.

Our vote counts in a Scottish environment.

It means eff-all in a UK environment UNLESS we vote for a unionist party.

This is basically a Scottish forum where I presume most posters bide.

Do you want people in Scotland to take to the streets campaigning tae save a unionist labour party?

Of course it is and long may it continue.

Sick of this line that everyone in the party should just fall in line behind Corbyn because it's 'democracy'. He didn't just fall in line behind Blair when Blair was democratically elected. He was one of the most rebellious MPs in the party. There's nothing wrong with that imo, but the amazement of some now the show is on the other foot is baffling.

They're all entitled to their opinion and can take the actions they see fit, as Corbyn did under Blair/Brown.

I also find this democracy argument a bit weird when you have thousands of new members coming in, some from other parties, all of a sudden throwing hate at people who've been in the party for decades just because they don't agree with Corbyn.

Except new members of a left wing persuasion were rejected membership and active Labour Party members invited self-confessed Tories and so on to join. The PLP and its followers are the rank unprincipled opportunists in this debate.

Fine ye ken it.

Do you want people in Scotland to take to the streets campaigning tae save a unionist labour party?

What do you mean? Seriously.

We take part and vote in UK elections. Unless we get involved we have one simple vote (for an equal constituency to any other in England).

Exactly the same applies with holyrood.

The only difference is numbers based. Obviously it one vote makes more of a difference in the Scottish elections.

But still, for the vast majority of people the world of holyrood politics is a million miles away from their life.

What do you mean? Seriously.

We take part and vote in UK elections. Unless we get involved we have one simple vote (for an equal constituency to any other in England).

Exactly the same applies with holyrood.

The only difference is numbers based. Obviously it one vote makes more of a difference in the Scottish elections.

But still, for the vast majority of people the world of holyrood politics is a million miles away from their life.

I'm not convinced that's the case - or at least it shouldn't be - when Holyrood policy affects the running of the Scottish NHS and education. Nearly all of us use these services (or have used them).

I'm not convinced that's the case - or at least it shouldn't be - when Holyrood policy affects the running of the Scottish NHS and education. Nearly all of us use these services (or have used them).

Aye but most folk don't feel connected to those that make decisions in Edinburgh.

Aye but most folk don't feel connected to those that make decisions in Edinburgh.

I would say that a huge chunk of people in Scotland now do and it's growing. Far more people in Scotland are paying closer attention to Scottish Politics now than ever before. I used to dread when FM questions would come on the TV. Now I can't skip them.

I would say that a huge chunk of people in Scotland now do and it's growing. Far more people in Scotland are paying closer attention to Scottish Politics now than ever before. I used to dread when FM questions would come on the TV. Now I can't skip them.

I agree.

Our referendum was an exciting and positive thing for the country. It's a shame the eu one really didn't do the same.

My point earlier was a question to Willie about our vote not mattering for Westminster. I think it's pretty much the same - or at least not as stark as he was making out (despite the big population difference).

If you want to get involved in politics you can. Being geographically closer makes a wee bit of difference but not really that much.

I agree.

Our referendum was an exciting and positive thing for the country. It's a shame the eu one really didn't do the same.

My point earlier was a question to Willie about our vote not mattering for Westminster. I think it's pretty much the same - or at least not as stark as he was making out (despite the big population difference).

If you want to get involved in politics you can. Being geographically closer makes a wee bit of difference but not really that much.

Absolutely. I have the benefit of currently being resident in Edinburgh. The Scottish Parliament is just a 10 minute drive away for me. It's no coincidence that those up on the Orkney and Shetland Islands and those as low as Dumfries seem to be on a different political wavelength than those around the likes of Edinburgh, Fife, Dundee...etc. Geographics probably play quite a big part in the scheme of things.

Fine ye ken it.

Even if Scotland were already independent the goings on in Westminster would still be of at least some interest to us.

The Irish Times is giving the leadership battles in both camps plenty of coverage.

Having an unstable nutter as a neighbour may be better than having an unstable nutter as a flat mate but it's still a concern.

Even if Scotland were already independent the goings on in Westminster would still be of at least some interest to us.

The Irish Times is giving the leadership battles in both camps plenty of coverage.

Having an unstable nutter as a neighbour may be better than having an unstable nutter as a flat mate but it's still a concern.

Or a landlord...

Has anyone come forward to formally challenge Corbyn yet? If not, this situation is even more farcical than I first thought.

I can't believe they're talking about Angela eagle, all the blairite fannies going corby ccould never win an election, Corbyccouldn't negotiate with putin etc and they want aAngelafucking eagle.

Labour are the greatest comedy in history, it just gets better and better

I haven't checked this thread over the weekend, but I'd like to say that Chris Bryant is one of the biggest shiters I have ever witnessed and typical of the utter spineless, self promoting goons involved in this chicken coup.

Wankers.

Archived