Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any manager winning the Scottish Cup for Hibs was going to get hero status.

He gave me the best day in my life, I genuinely can't thank him enough for it. I wish him the best in his career to come.

Rotherham for the FA Cup next season.

Slight suspicion of "heart ruling the head" there!

I love the way fans of other clubs are trying to tell us hibbys what we are feeling :lol:

He's a legend, he's done a good job. And he leaves with the best wishes of everyone associated with the club.

It's not a bad way to leave really, it wouldn't have been nice if we struggled next season and wanted him punted.

I'll buck the trend and say that i'm delighted he managed the team to the cup final win but prior to that I wanted him emptied. I'm not too disapointed that he's away.

I'm disapointed in him though. If Hibs were prepared to stick by him for the last year of his contract, despite failing to gain promotion in the first two, then he should've been man enough to reciprocate.

At first glance, and without knowing the full details, it seems to me that loyalty is not his strong point.

Its a good move from from Stubbs really .

He wont likely ever reach the pinnacle of last weekend and has failed 2 times to get us up. Its only down the slope from here.

Leave as a club legend, gain yourself a job down south in a better league.

Get the club a wee bit poppy for compo , and hopefully leave a dece squad and no pressure to win the cup for the next manager.

Job done ðŸ‘ðŸ†ðŸ’š

A lot more to come out about his exit than just what the club are saying

He was always leaving at end of the season

Win lose or Draw

Aye because an alloa fan has knowledge of what happens behind closed doors at east mains.

Mark my words dude from a good contact within the club

Stubbs was told back in feb he wouldn't be staying at the club

It's been a well kept within the club !!!!!

Bit odd of the club to deny Rotherham permission to speak to him initially then...

I'd support Hughes if he was to get the job. Strange as it sounds I feel Hughes would be a backward step for some reason though. I know Hughes got us finishing 4th but I would rather we went for someone else. Then again he could come in and do a great job.

As for Stubbs, he leaves as the greatest Hibs manager of my lifetime. Pretty gutted that he won't stay on after winning the big cup but what can you do. I would have been happy to see him go if we had lost the cup as well as losing the play offs. Winning the cup bought him so much good will though and I am disappointed he's away. You can see why he's left though. Leave on a high and if he does well at Rotherham then he will get an Everton, Spurs, Ajax etc type move. If there are any Rotherham fans looking in then prepare for Flair. If he can get you boys playing The Hibernian Way then you just never know how far your club could go.

As for my choice regarding our next manager.....attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1464724618.618064.jpg

Am I being whooshed but when has doing well in the Rotherham gig ever landed someone the Everton, Tottenham or Ajax job?

Archived