Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

post-48628-14647258494569_thumb.jpg

He gave me one of the best days of my life supporting Hibs. He took over a club on its knees with a squad with low morale and Michael Nelson. We started off slowly with no pre-season under our belts, but then he quickly found his feet and turned it around. There's been some frustrating moments, but for every Dom Malonga miss from 2 yards out at Livi, there was a Dom malonga running from half way beating 4 men and slotting it away As cool as you like. We went from Nelson to Fontaine, from Haynes to Malonga, from Tudor-Jones to Liam Henderson. We've beaten the **** 7 times and handed them some humiliating moments. He had an excellent record against hearts too. Our cup record under him has been outstanding and moments like the comeback at Tynie, the semi win at Tynie, the 2-0 Stevenson win at Ibrox and the 4-0 win over the **** are all special moments. Good luck Stubbsy. You'll always be welcome back to ER.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need someone who will play the style of football that the fans demand.

Stubbs cemented the phrase 'Hibs'd it' as part of your club for a generation and you claimed he's the best manager in your lifetime.  I suspect Hibs fans would settle for promotion in any way, shape or form next season.

Stubbs cemented the phrase 'Hibs'd it' as part of your club for a generation and you claimed he's the best manager in your lifetime. I suspect Hibs fans would settle for promotion in any way, shape or form next season.

Do you honestly believe any Hibs fan remotely cares about the m "Hibs'd it" patter ? We experienced something that thousands of Hibs fans haven't, something that pretty much every Hibs fan alive just now had thought they would never see. The feeling was just incredible. We could win it another ten times and it will never feel as good. "Hibs'd it' doesn't matter anymore.

Do you honestly believe any Hibs fan remotely cares about the m "Hibs'd it" patter ? We experienced something that thousands of Hibs fans haven't, something that pretty much every Hibs fan alive just now had thought they would never see. The feeling was just incredible. We could win it another ten times and it will never feel as good. "Hibs'd it' doesn't matter anymore.

So to summarise, Hibs fans demand their team play a certain way, but will also overlook consistent failure to see out games and underachieving in the league for a Scottish Cup win?

I agree with CS: whatever way you look at it, for two seasons in a row Stubbs failed to get Hibs out of the second tier, even with the contingency of the play-offs. He was by no means a disaster but his legacy really doesn't have the makings of "best manager in a generation".

I agree with CS: whatever way you look at it, for two seasons in a row Stubbs failed to get Hibs out of the second tier, even with the contingency of the play-offs. He was by no means a disaster but his legacy really doesn't have the makings of "best manager in a generation".

Any manager winning the Scottish Cup for Hibs was going to get hero status.

He gave me the best day in my life, I genuinely can't thank him enough for it. I wish him the best in his career to come.

Rotherham for the FA Cup next season.

Archived