What about John Hughes

Hibs fan

Managed at a higher level with ICT

Friends with mister tent

Scottish Cup winning manager

Good at media events

Aye you make some good point mate.

Surprised its no been mentioned before.

Do you hibs lads think Stubbs will be able to entice any players away if he can afford them ? If you manage to get a manager with a bit of stature in early enough he may be able to counter that if he is respected and experienced enough.

I think at a club like ours and with any in Scotland really, we're always likely to lose our best players eventually. I just hope we get the best possibly deal so it can be invested back in the playing squad. With how we handled the Scott Allan situation last summer I'm quite confident we'll make sure we get a deal for players that suits us.

Stubbs might end up signing a player but I wouldn't be too disappointed as long as we got a good deal.

Do you hibs lads think Stubbs will be able to entice any players away if he can afford them ? If you manage to get a manager with a bit of stature in early enough he may be able to counter that if he is respected and experienced enough.

Like who really?  Have to assume Stokes and Henderson won;t be at ER next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Cummings left but also wouldn't be disappointed if the club could get decent cash for him with a year left on his contract.  Can't see McGinn going anywhere next season, McGeough still has a couple of years on his contract and is looking a bit injury prone.  As much as I like the following players I can;t see clubs clamouring too much for the back 4/5 and the likes of Fyvie, Bartley and Boyle etc.

Like who really?  Have to assume Stokes and Henderson won;t be at ER next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Cummings left but also wouldn't be disappointed if the club could get decent cash for him with a year left on his contract.  Can't see McGinn going anywhere next season, McGeough still has a couple of years on his contract and is looking a bit injury prone.  As much as I like the following players I can;t see clubs clamouring too much for the back 4/5 and the likes of Fyvie, Bartley and Boyle etc.

I quite like Boyle. Always seemed to do quite well against us and was always surprised he didnt get more game time although he plays in an area where you guys have a load of depth.

I think at a club like ours and with any in Scotland really, we're always likely to lose our best players eventually. I just hope we get the best possibly deal so it can be invested back in the playing squad. With how we handled the Scott Allan situation last summer I'm quite confident we'll make sure we get a deal for players that suits us.

Stubbs might end up signing a player but I wouldn't be too disappointed as long as we got a good deal.

To be honest I feel the same and pretty sure the majority of fans in Scotland have come to accept this. We have done well with good deals in recent times and have had to somewhat rely on punting our better players to keep our head above the water.

I was thinking along the lines of McGinn and Mcgeough, does Stubbs have the personal connection (Rodgers and 'my wee Joe' Allen for example) to lure those type of players to want to continue playing for him or will it be purely down to money if he can afford them ? How long does Mcginn have ? I think it would benefit them both if they stayed put in my opinion.

Archived