Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's too bad a situation tbh, Stubbs moves on a Legend and we always have good memories of him.

I reckon it's actually quite an attractive job, good sized club, good budget and a good squad that only needs a few adjustments. We should be able to attract a good manager.

I meant I was uneasy about being linked with risky picks like Cathro. I'd rather get a proven manager in who knows what style of football we like to play and what the club is all about. I'm not keen on McCall as I've already said as I don't like his style of play and his attitude towards the club when a pundit.

IF Stubbs goes which looks likely then whoever comes in will get my full backing; they'll be taking over a talented squad and a club full of confidence. But we need to hit the ground running and make sure we are being chased rather than the ones chasing.

I meant I was uneasy about being linked with risky picks like Cathro. I'd rather get a proven manager in who knows what style of football we like to play and what the club is all about. I'm not keen on McCall as I've already said as I don't like his style of play and his attitude towards the club when a pundit.

IF Stubbs goes which looks likely then whoever comes in will get my full backing; they'll be taking over a talented squad and a club full of confidence. But we need to hit the ground running and make sure we are being chased rather than the ones chasing.

Ah gotcha.

The thing I seem to remember about McCalls Motherwell teams was that they played with wingers/pace, could knock it about a bit as well. That's the kind of football that does well in this division. He had that Motherwell side punching above its weight.

Plus with him working with LD before makes it a sensible target.

Needs a hair cut though the *** p***k.

No idea who we should go for or who I want. Slightly concerned about the board's track record with previous appointments which started us off on the downward spiral but that was pre Dempster so f**k knows what will happen. Would like someone in asap though so we aren't playing catch up at the start of the season. We all know how that worked out last time. Also wondering if he will try and take any of the players with him.

Remember we knocked him back for Calderwood ffs.

Unreal. Got to believe Leeann won't be that stupid.

Didn't he get reading to the semis of the FA cup? Done a good job at west brom too IIRC

Aye. He'd probably be quite high up on a list of English Championship teams looking for a manager though so may hold out for one of them.

Noticed that, Cathro is an interesting one but I'm not sure he'd fancy the job. He's working alongside Rafa at Newcastle. Plus he's quite inexperienced and I'm not sure we can take a gamble like that again.

Not too sure who Gemmill is.

Scot Gemmill, Archie's laddie. Pretty sure he's the Scotland u17's coach.

Remember we knocked him back for Calderwood ffs.

Incorrect. We wouldn't give him money for his assistant.

Kenny is usually on the ball but he's wrong here. I've given the sun a few scoops to say that.

Archived