Sign in to follow this  
Elixir

Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

5 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

just seen lennon on sky sports news dishing out telts to some amateur players :lol: 

I like that he's still 10 years behind with his footballer references, "unless he's Ronaldinho". :lol:

I like that he's still 10 years behind with his footballer references, "unless he's Ronaldinho". 

In fairness, did he no play against him?

I hope the speculation about Fyvie is untrue. He is a criminally underrated player & he offers more in a technical sense than Bartley.

He played his part in one of the greatest days in the club's history & for that, I'll always hold him in high regard. 

1 hour ago, Southside Hibee said:

I hope the speculation about Fyvie is untrue. He is a criminally underrated player & he offers more in a technical sense than Bartley.

He played his part in one of the greatest days in the club's history & for that, I'll always hold him in high regard. 

Just out of interest (and jealousy TBH), and given the context, when you say winning the Cup was ONE of the greatest days in Hibs history, where would you rank it then? 

Just out of interest (and jealousy TBH), and given the context, when you say winning the Cup was ONE of the greatest days in Hibs history, where would you rank it then? 

The best. Nothing ever has or ever will come close for as long as Hibernian football club exists.

I have him in high regard as well, but I do feel we can get a lot better. I think Fyvie is brilliant on his day, but I genuinely can't see him starting and wanting to stay if he's not guaranteed a starting position. And he does offer a better technical aspect than Bartley but he sure as hell won't don't all the dirty work Bartley does. IMO Bartley is better.

6 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

I don't think you'll find many fans who wouldn't rank it as the greatest day.

Arguably though, the day the Hands Off Hibs campaign and Sir Tom defeated Mercer (he's deid, we're no) and the subsequent League Cup win were perhaps more significant.

hoh.jpg.1a5813572195af7ddce326964eb5394c.jpg thL8RULMU4.jpg.7e9900b40f8b3f8b3ea0889d687ae323.jpg

Found myself sticking up for Fyvie a lot until about January this year. Thought he was criminally underrated by our support and definitely one of the better performing players since he joined. Have also watched wee ten minute spells here and there from the final and he was everywhere, should always be remembered fondly at Hibs for that.

He really has been utter shite recently though. Proper worse than a man down type performances at times. Hard to know how I feel about him going because at his best, we're losing a really good player. On current form, we can do a lot better.

Cheerio to the Championship forum.  Good luck Dumbarton next season, it's been a blast.