Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

1 hour ago, Sauzee#4 said:

People will realise how decent Fyvie could be for us when he's playing against us. A real loss IMO, sad to see him go.

I respect your posts but as far as I'm aware Fyvie said he wanted to wait discuss with other offers he had, came back and the offer was gone.  He's part of a midfield that's failed to be promoted twice, played less now we're up.  I genuinely can't see him improving.   Swanson and Ambrose are class signings, Murray as back up with a lot of potential, we need to move on as failing to do that prior to relegation ended up in relegation. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Lennon has targets in place to replace fyvie as it would leave us a bit bare in the centre, with McGinn not 100% staying, and mcgeouch's injury problems. Can't think of any names myself tbh, would've loved that Tansey who's signed for the sheep. Everytime I've seen him he's scored a peach. On another note, when are we getting kicked oot this forum and into the big boys one?

7 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Bartley or Fyvie, there's no debate.  Fyvie is a legend but his time is done.  Only space for two ugly gingers at the club imo. 

see tbh, there's no space for any gingers at hibs. every single one since the turn of 2000 has been shite or a judas

Fyvie had a lot of good moments in first half of the season, he'll be a decent signing for someone.  No great loss really, with Bartley staying and there's always Scott Martin although I doubt we'll be seeing him in a hurry and possibly another replacement signed over the summer.  With Ambrose signing there's always the option of playing a fairly good 5 at the back as well now, if stuck for a more defensive midfielder that's match fit.

9 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

I respect your posts but as far as I'm aware Fyvie said he wanted to wait discuss with other offers he had, came back and the offer was gone.  He's part of a midfield that's failed to be promoted twice, played less now we're up.  I genuinely can't see him improving.   Swanson and Ambrose are class signings, Murray as back up with a lot of potential, we need to move on as failing to do that prior to relegation ended up in relegation. 

Well opinions are like arseholes as they say and everyone's got one. I respect yours too but I guess at the end of the day the only one that counts is Lennon's when it comes down to it.

Get Stokes, Whittaker and Hendo signed and all's well that ends well.

just seen lennon on sky sports news dishing out telts to some amateur players :lol: 

Small preview of the new Macron training wear in there as well

5 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

just seen lennon on sky sports news dishing out telts to some amateur players :lol: 

I like that he's still 10 years behind with his footballer references, "unless he's Ronaldinho". :lol:

I hope the speculation about Fyvie is untrue. He is a criminally underrated player & he offers more in a technical sense than Bartley.

He played his part in one of the greatest days in the club's history & for that, I'll always hold him in high regard. 

1 hour ago, Southside Hibee said:

I hope the speculation about Fyvie is untrue. He is a criminally underrated player & he offers more in a technical sense than Bartley.

He played his part in one of the greatest days in the club's history & for that, I'll always hold him in high regard. 

Just out of interest (and jealousy TBH), and given the context, when you say winning the Cup was ONE of the greatest days in Hibs history, where would you rank it then? 

Just out of interest (and jealousy TBH), and given the context, when you say winning the Cup was ONE of the greatest days in Hibs history, where would you rank it then? 

The best. Nothing ever has or ever will come close for as long as Hibernian football club exists.

I have him in high regard as well, but I do feel we can get a lot better. I think Fyvie is brilliant on his day, but I genuinely can't see him starting and wanting to stay if he's not guaranteed a starting position. And he does offer a better technical aspect than Bartley but he sure as hell won't don't all the dirty work Bartley does. IMO Bartley is better.

6 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

I don't think you'll find many fans who wouldn't rank it as the greatest day.

Arguably though, the day the Hands Off Hibs campaign and Sir Tom defeated Mercer (he's deid, we're no) and the subsequent League Cup win were perhaps more significant.

hoh.jpg.1a5813572195af7ddce326964eb5394c.jpg thL8RULMU4.jpg.7e9900b40f8b3f8b3ea0889d687ae323.jpg

Archived