Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

9 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I'd be more inclined to move Efe to right back rather than dropping Hanlon in that line up.

If Efe/when signs Lennon might make 3-5-2 the preferred formation to accommodate all 3 centre halves.

I think he will use the league cup games (barring the potential derby) to experiment with different formations. It's a good dilemma to have so many good players. keeps the squad competitive. still think we need to strengthen out wide and up top. Upfront if stokes signs we will have energy and running in Murray, Goals and rawness in cummings and Intelligence on and off the ball and a big game player in Stokes. all we need now is a Grant Holt kind of player who can batter about the opposition defence. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great bit of business getting Efe on a two year deal. I wasn't at his apparently dodgy debut but after that, he really was class for us.

Rofl if all the guys that were only at Hibs because of cheating end up here on permanent deals.

19 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Efe is a good permanent signing for Hibs.  He has a good attitude and work ethic and was a loyal servant at Celtic despite the occasional brain fart.  Good luck to Efe!

Hear hear. 

4 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

this pls x

592ff39579f5c.jpg

Actually seeing that lineup makes me even more excited for next season. I know Marciano and Stokes haven't yet been done, technically Efe as well but im guessing the official site will announce that soon. Wouldn't mind us going for a winger or two to mix things up when needed.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hibees.

I know Stokes played a blinder in the final, but in all seriousness I thought he looked very average for you until then. Do you really want him back? Wouldn't you expect better?

(Cup final Stokes photo inbound)

th4VDUXS9P.jpg.74f24c4f12f361da91c36f299b35d57e.jpg

HTH.

Being serious for a minute, I would have him back in a heartbeat. He's still a quality player at this level. Slightly worrying that he struggled to form a partnership with Cummings though.

It's a bit of a myth that he wasn't good for us until the final. The whole team took a slump after he joined and he somehow took a lot of the blame for that. He never got the goals we expected but I can honestly say he looked a class above most times he played. The formation never done him any favours either. 

He hadn't played in a good while and by the time he got properly up to speed the league season was fucked. 

Peaked at the right time I suppose. A good pre season with us and you know what you are getting.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hibees.

I know Stokes played a blinder in the final, but in all seriousness I thought he looked very average for you until then. Do you really want him back? Wouldn't you expect better?

(Cup final Stokes photo inbound)

He's 20 goals per season and has a football brain. What's not to like?

Archived