Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert Thomson, who is spot on with every St Johnstone related, has reported that Danny Swanson has signed a PCA with you lot.

Disappointed to lose him, but I can't blame him. Please don't waste him.

Happy with that, good addition to the squad if true 

The journalist reporting it is a Saints fan who seems to have contacts at the club, has reported numerous exclusives to do with us for almost five years now, that I can remember. If he says it's true then it is.

What's everyone's best 11 from the last 3 years then? 

Id id go with this: 

Marciano

Gray

McGregor

Ambrose 

stevenson 

Allan

mcginn 

mcgeouch 

Henderson 

malonga

cummings

imagine lining up with that team next season man. Would die happy. Maybe a bit harsh to have Efe in ahead of hanlon but he's been a proper laugh to watch recently and has added some flair and creativity from defence. We've had some absolute ballers the last 3 years. Great bunch of guys who love the hibs too (apart from Scott all*** the shnake) 

What's everyone's best 11 from the last 3 years then? 

Id id go with this: 

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose 
stevenson 

Allan
mcginn 
mcgeouch 

Henderson 

malonga
cummings

imagine lining up with that team next season man. Would die happy. Maybe a bit harsh to have Efe in ahead of hanlon but he's been a proper laugh to watch recently and has added some flair and creativity from defence. We've had some absolute ballers the last 3 years. Great bunch of guys who love the hibs too (apart from Scott all*** the shnake) 

Wouldn't have Ambrose in there, Hanlon instead but I'd go with that.

I thought Swanson was going to move abroad but happy with this signing.  Taking St Johnstone's best player to boot. [emoji4]

Whilst he's our most naturally talented player, he's certainly not our best in my eyes. There's 3/4 players that are crucial to our team and we play better as a result of having them, Swanson isn't one of them.

Not to say he's not a cracking player who can have a great influence on a game when he plays well, but all too often the team has been left carrying him the last 6 months.

22 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

I thought Swanson was going to move abroad but happy with this signing.  Taking St Johnstone's best player to boot. :)

Far from it.He's undeniably a very good player on his day .He was excellent for the first few months of the season but fairly average since then.I would have liked him to sign a new contract but he's not irreplaceable.

Archived