Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lennon has decided "ken what? This championship pish is too easy. Ken what I'll dae to make it more interesting... GARY.. GARY.. you still got efe ambrose's number?" 

Ill genuinely combust with nerves and rage if we sign him and he ends up starting in the Derby. 

47 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Lennon has decided "ken what? This championship pish is too easy. Ken what I'll dae to make it more interesting... GARY.. GARY.. you still got efe ambrose's number?" 

Ill genuinely combust with nerves and rage if we sign him and he ends up starting in the Derby. 

There was a Hibs fan putting it round twitter yesterday as a joke (if you clicked on the link it took you to the "rangers have been liquidated" headline), I'm hoping the "press" have just picked up on that and ran with it.  Fontaine is bad enough at times, we don't need another one!

53 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I'd take him.

30 minutes ago, LeeHFC said:

There was a Hibs fan putting it round twitter yesterday as a joke (if you clicked on the link it took you to the "rangers have been liquidated" headline), I'm hoping the "press" have just picked up on that and ran with it.  Fontaine is bad enough at times, we don't need another one!

Where do you get Fontaine is bad at times ? At doing what exactly ? Fontaine is comfortable in the air and on the deck.

6 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Where do you get Fontaine is bad at times ? At doing what exactly ? Fontaine is comfortable in the air and on the deck.

You watched him recently? He was terrible at Dumbarton, he let Vaughan get round him from all sides.  At Bonnyrigg he made a fair few mistakes that would have been punished by a better team and going by Hibs TV on Saturday, he needed McGregor to bail him out on a few occasions.  Add to that the fact that he regularly comes running out of defense with the ball only to lose it and be hopelessly out of position as a result.   He's also extremely slow (I have the memory of the Morton forward running around the outside of him into the box and crossing for them to score burned into my brain!!) If he stays in his actual position and concentrates fully he's a decent centre half, nowhere near as good as Hanlon and McGregor though.

1 minute ago, LeeHFC said:

You watched him recently? He was terrible at Dumbarton, he let Vaughan get round him from all sides.  At Bonnyrigg he made a fair few mistakes that would have been punished by a better team and going by Hibs TV on Saturday, he needed McGregor to bail him out on a few occasions.  Add to that the fact that he regularly comes running out of defense with the ball only to lose it and be hopelessly out of position as a result.   He's also extremely slow (I have the memory of the Morton forward running around the outside of him into the box and crossing for them to score burned into my brain!!) If he stays in his actual position and concentrates fully he's a decent centre half, nowhere near as good as Hanlon and McGregor though.

What a pile of Tom Kite, I suppose you think Hanlon should be Scotland's  centre half. Fontaine is a solid CH. PS I'm a season ticket holder and have been to more games than you've had a change of nappies.

2 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

What a pile of Tom Kite, I suppose you think Hanlon should be Scotland's  centre half. Fontaine is a solid CH. PS I'm a season ticket holder and have been to more games than you've had a change of nappies.

What a state to get yourself into. 

8 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Calm down Liam. 

12 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

haha calm down! You have your opinion and I have mine, was there any need for your mini meltdown? I think Hanlon and McGregor are our best centre half pairing and evidently so does the manager since he'd been playing Hanlon carrying an injury over Fontaine!

He's good at getting his head to the ball, unfortunately it never seems to go where he thinks it will, that's why it does my head in when he goes up for corners when the other CH's are hanging back! At Dumbarton he went up whilst Forster (and possibly Daz, I can't remember) hung back, annoying considering Jordon is usually very good in the opposition box!

Ambrose link is rubbish.  We are looking at bringing in a center half after the news that PH requires surgery.  

I can't see Stokes coming back up so soon but I think we will sign Commons tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

We've had worse in derbies.  HKT being the worst probably. 

Archived