Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

Let's watch Brian Graham completely polarise the Hibs support. I've never seen a more divisive player. Maybe Darren Fletcher for Scotland, but certainly not a Ross County player. Good luck to him. Play him every game and he'll do very well, but one game in three will look like he's never kicked a ball before.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Let's watch Brian Graham completely polarise the Hibs support. I've never seen a more divisive player. Maybe Darren Fletcher for Scotland, but certainly not a Ross County player. Good luck to him. Play him every game and he'll do very well, but one game in three will look like he's never kicked a ball before.

One of the most divisive players Morton have had as well, and Morton fans are divided about every fucking player we've had so so that's quite an achievement.

I haven't really seen anything of him at County but my argument in favour of Graham when with us was always that I'd rather have a player who fluffs 4 sitters out of every 5 but gets into a goalscoring position 3 or 4 times a game than someone with great finishing who rarely gets into the position for a chance (the former was Graham for us, the latter Weatherson). He could be an incredibly infuriating player when he was going through a shite spell and he had a tendency to fling his elbows around getting him in needless trouble, but he has great positional sense allowing him to get in those goalscoring positions time after time, and as his time at Raith proves he'll pish the division if he gets a run of games.

He never looks like he knows what he's doing. Very ungainly and awkward, but if you stick him in the team and let him get on with it, he scores goals and creates chances for others. He does throw his elbows about though, and he's a terrible diver (by which, I mean, he's very bad at it, but that doesn't stop him trying). 

He'd tear it up at this level if he was first pick at a Rovers or a Falkirk. He'll obviously have to deal with some sort of rotation policy at Hibs - as long as he can cope with that, he'll be a great signing, particularly on a free.

1 hour ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Cummings has really improved his all round game over the summer, so happy we got him on a 4 year deal.

He's become a lot more unselfish in his play this season which is pleasing. Was infuriatingly frustrating at times last season.

15 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Baby got back.

FTFY. :wub:

The polar bear may have frozen in the playoffs, but he arguably provided the most magnificient debut display from a Hibs player. At the very least, Logan's debut was the most astounding and resoundingly important debut from a Hibs player. Without Mr. Incredible in goal that day, we wouldn't have got our day out in May.

Lennon's first mistake as manager was dismissing him without having a suitable starter to come into the side. We belatedly brought in a loan signing to fill the void, but Marciano could still be weeks away from being granted a work permit. Logan posted on social media that he wanted to stay too but was told that he 'isn't tall enough'. :huh:

Archived