4 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

IMG_1470241254.816639.jpg

Oooooftir Phwooooarciano :wub:
F.C. GashGod :wub:
Jerusalyum :wub:
Bel Aviv :wub:
Israelifit :wub:
Marciayesplease :wub:

He went out on loan to the Belgian top-tier, but only made a handful of appearances before falling out of the squad entirely. The YouTube video supposedly showcases Marciano's ability, but I think people are misleadingly impressed by a handful of acrobatic saves. Still, I would rather we had a sharp shot-stopper over a decent distributor, after enduring two seasons of Oxley.

He arrives with more experience than Oxley, but has not played a senior game for almost a year. Černý hadn't played a senior game for a similar amount of time; he went on to become Partick Thistle's Player Of The Season. It's incredible to think that Oxley was only displaced after 'misplacing his contact lense' and getting suspended. As long as Marciano improves on Oxley's ratio of one goal conceded for every shot on target, I'll be happy.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Mallan is not for sale on the cheap. Definitely a chance for a new board to play hard ball. He's got every chance of his career progressing further than McLean and McGinn. Genuinely the best ratio of getting free kicks on target I've ever seen. Must have an on target rate of about 75% and a conversion rate of about 30% . Hes that reliable from direct free kicks. 

£500k with Stanton. £300k without. ;)

In all seriousness though, he'd be severely underselling himself by leaving only to stay in the championship (or Scotland) and we're under no pressure whatsoever to sell considering he is contracted until 2018. 

21 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Is Stanton a CM? Wouldn't want anyone coming in that wasn't, considering we only have Mallan, Hutton, and the injured Quinn who can play there.

Attacking minded central mid but not at all good from what I've seen of him. 

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I'm sure we heard the same about McGinn.

McGinn was a free agent but St Mirren were due substantial compensation. We could have effectively kept him out the game (in Scotland anyway) if he refused to sign the contract we offered him and no-one else paid the compensation or was willing to risk a tribunal. Hence we accepted a derisory amount from Hibs with a substantial sell-on fee.

Mallan has two years left on his contract so will only go if St Mirren want him to. The Club does not need the money and Mallan is a better prospect that either McLean or McGinn being our top scorer last season from midfield (14 goals) in the shittiest team in living memory. We have already knocked back a joke bid of £75K from a Premiership team. Mallan may well leave but it won't be to a Championship team in Scotland.

McGinn was a free agent but St Mirren were due substantial compensation. We could have effectively kept him out the game (in Scotland anyway) if he refused to sign the contract we offered him and no-one else paid the compensation or was willing to risk a tribunal. Hence we accepted a derisory amount from Hibs with a substantial sell-on fee.

Mallan has two years left on his contract so will only go if St Mirren want him to. The Club does not need the money and Mallan is a better prospect that either McLean or McGinn being our top scorer last season from midfield (14 goals) in the shittiest team in living memory. We have already knocked back a joke bid of £75K from a Premiership team. Mallan may well leave but it won't be to a Championship team in Scotland.

If we want him we can afford him/have him.

4 minutes ago, glesgadiamond said:

As an Airdrie supporter i would be interested to hear your views on Daniel Boateng? Played with you a few seasons back. Signed for us today and never heard of him if im honest, thanks! 

He's the only central defender I have ever seen duck out the way of the ball in the box!!! Didn't get much game time but when he did he didn't look good at all in my opinion!

He's the only central defender I have ever seen duck out the way of the ball in the box!!! Didn't get much game time but when he did he didn't look good at all in my opinion!

Was that st.johnstone away? I have a vague recollection of him having a nightmare there and Danny Haynes being sent off for a shocking tackle

Just now, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Was that st.johnstone away? I have a vague recollection of him having a nightmare there and Danny Haynes being sent off for a shocking tackle

Yeah that was the one.  Straight forward ball into the box and he ducked out the way!! 

Archived