Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, who is he taking with him? Cummings and McGinn are possible though Rotherham are legendary tight fuckers when it comes to offering Scottish clubs transfer fees.

Their chairman had a complete, public, meltdown at us for daring to reject a £300k fee, paid in installments, for May. Before laughing at us and saying we'll be lucky to ever get an offer near to that again.

Big yogi out a job again. Surely not??

Funnily enough, Bingo was exactly who I was thinking would perhaps be ideal.

He's good at installing a work ethic into his squads, as well as being probably the jammiest b*****d I've ever saw in Scottish football management - put him in charge & the self-inflicted "inevitable" stumbles will be in the past. Only drawback was his last spell with Hibs ended under a cloud & neither he nor the Hibs fans may want him back.

Maybe it's time to look further afield than past managers though? There's plenty of good managers in the lower echelons of the English league looking for a fresh challenge, and the prospect of Europe could be enough to secure a deal that ordinarily may have been out of their reach.

No chance Hughes will get it. Another random out of nowhere will be what we get I reckon. We definitely need someone with a bit of experience this time though, can't really afford to give another untried rookie a year or two to get used to the job.

Doolan's a #lad but it's not the time to go for another rookie. I'd rather an uninspiring know what you're getting type appointment like McCall, than see us taking any risks.

We should win the league next year. Just get a safe pair of hands on a one or two year contract and get it done.

Agree with this. All trolling aside, I get a Coyle vibe from Stubbs. A very good manager, but maybe more suited to cup competitions and you have to wonder if he would be able to get Hibs out of that league, having failed twice already. He's maybe managed to leave Hibs at the right time, and will look to do the same at Rotherham when the time is right.

He managed to build an excellent team at Hibs though and some of the football was great to watch. Pretty much impossible to replicate his success with Hibs, considering the magnitude of the cup win - promotion is going to seem small fry compared to the cup win - so I think a ship steadier who can guide a very talented team to promotion is the next logical step.

You could do a lot worse than Steve Lomas (again not trolling). He took McInnes' side, got us to 6th, made some of his own signings on a reduced budget and got 3rd for us the following season, before making a dreadful decision and going to Millwall. He's a fucking walloper, but no doubt he understands how to succeed in Scottish football. Wouldn't be too surprised if Hibs did make an enquiry about Wright. I can't see you getting him, but stranger things have happened.

Yogi can gtf. We can do better.

Doubt it m9. Looks like you'll need to change your minter of a username as well - it's really not been your day at all.

Hibs  :lol:

Stubbs :lol:

Rotherham :lol:

Their chairman had a complete, public, meltdown at us for daring to reject a £300k fee, paid in installments, for May. Before laughing at us and saying we'll be lucky to ever get an offer near to that again.

He tried to low ball us over Scott Allan as well.

Archived