Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

Like who really? Have to assume Stokes and Henderson won;t be at ER next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Cummings left but also wouldn't be disappointed if the club could get decent cash for him with a year left on his contract. Can't see McGinn going anywhere next season, McGeough still has a couple of years on his contract and is looking a bit injury prone. As much as I like the following players I can;t see clubs clamouring too much for the back 4/5 and the likes of Fyvie, Bartley and Boyle etc.

Cummings and McGinn are the only live two worth talking about when it's comes to cash bids. I don't think McGinn will leave and that leaves Cummings.

Could see him at Rotherham with Stubbs tbh.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I feel the same and pretty sure the majority of fans in Scotland have come to accept this. We have done well with good deals in recent times and have had to somewhat rely on punting our better players to keep our head above the water.

I was thinking along the lines of McGinn and Mcgeough, does Stubbs have the personal connection (Rodgers and 'my wee Joe' Allen for example) to lure those type of players to want to continue playing for him or will it be purely down to money if he can afford them ? How long does Mcginn have ? I think it would benefit them both if they stayed put in my opinion.

McGinn still has another 3 years, great deal we got. I don't think we'll sell, could be wrong though. Would take a massive bid imo.

Dylan is too injury prone atm for a team to pay actual cash for him. He needs a full season of injury free for a bigger club to take a punt on him.

McGinn still has another 3 years, great deal we got. I don't think we'll sell, could be wrong though. Would take a massive bid imo.

Dylan is too injury prone atm for a team to pay actual cash for him. He needs a full season of injury free for a bigger club to take a punt on him.

That's a great deal with McGinn!! Can't see him going to Rotherham then, as you say would take a huge bid and now he has his international cap will have put a lot more value onto him. I really liked McGeough when I've seen him. Cummings for me may be the more obvious player that will be leaving but I genuinely think you can manage with out him. Whats the deal with Keatings ?

It'd also take a massive bid considering st.mirren get a large percentage of the transfer.

Not very accurately. It's a bit of a gesture imo and if the person banned gets caught then it can lead to something a bit more serious but I doubt those banned will be too bothered.

Police have a dedicated football division who'll have these guys pictures in control rooms. They might get in but cctv could identify them at any point. Not certain on the full impact if they are caught in terms of breaching the ban, but would be quite frustrating on its to be kicked out all the time having presumably paid to watch the game.

Police have a dedicated football division who'll have these guys pictures in control rooms. They might get in but cctv could identify them at any point.

It's not a very accurate deterrent from what I gather unless it's improved a lot over the past 3-4 years.

Chokin to shed "Hibsed it" craic. Not happening.

Failure so ingrained within your psyche that the first bit of success you had in 100+ years your first thought was to bank it in credit to be reddemed against future failure.

It hasn't been shelved. It's been kept well alive for Hibs fans to use ironically whilst describing how fucking amazing we are.

All but the most bent out of shape, relevance scrambling diddy merchants have moved past their stauners for all things Hibernian FC.

Get with the times m9.

Makes a change from the usual case of us sacking managers or them resigning. Think Stubbs is the first manager to be poached from us since Mowbray 

Doolan's a #lad but it's not the time to go for another rookie. I'd rather an uninspiring know what you're getting type appointment like McCall, than see us taking any risks.

We should win the league next year. Just get a safe pair of hands on a one or two year contract and get it done.

No big loss for Hibs, imo. Did fantastically well to win the cup and has left some good players behind. A competent replacement should see the Hibbies going for the title this season.

Archived