• Last Reply

Wigtown pre season games are:

Saturday, July 2nd - Dailly away

Saturday, July 9th - Wallacetoun away

Saturday, July 16th - Ian Boyd Memorial Cup in Belfast

Wednesday, July 20th - Girvan away

Saturday, July 23rd - BSC Glasgow at home

• 3 weeks later...

I was down watching YMCA vs Balmoral last night and when somebody told me after the game YM were the south of Scotland league team, I was shocked. I honestly thought YM were the Sunday team. I hope there not taking this season seriously. That's all I'm saying 

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

YM are awful. Conceded 8 goals against another Sunday league team last week. 2 games and 12 games conceded against Sunday league teams!

have heard that they are terrible, who did the new coaches manage before? 

see palmerston colts play mids on monday might head along and see if they are any good as have heard a few good reports recently wonder if any of there players will make the step up to the south

On 14/07/2016 at 14:40, the tactician said:

also heard hole in wa look to have a few decent players this season  im sure the likes of the ym and that could  do no harm in looking at a few players from the likes of hole in wa, palmerston colts and annan town 

A good few of the palmerston colts team go and watch Queen of the South on saturdays, could play south no problem but would rather play sunday. 

By the looks of it saints have played a few Sunday teams and not great teams at that. Why is this? Surely for a team of their stature should be challenging themselves before the season starts instead of beating these Sunday teams 6 or 7 nil.

1 hour ago, ecclesbrother said:

By the looks of it saints have played a few Sunday teams and not great teams at that. Why is this? Surely for a team of their stature should be challenging themselves before the season starts instead of beating these Sunday teams 6 or 7 nil.

To answer your question its the managers mentality to beat lesser teams (with all due respect to them). They should be testing themselves however they had games organised against better quality opposition only to have to cancel as they couldnt raise a team. Something not quite right over at Saints.

P.S.- Whats happening with the Club Licence or should that question not be asked ??

11 hours ago, spacekid84 said:

A good few of the palmerston colts team go and watch Queen of the South on saturdays, could play south no problem but would rather play sunday. 

thought it had something to do with that as is the colts manager not a queens fan aswell?

5 hours ago, Bladnoch Bandit said:

To answer your question its the managers mentality to beat lesser teams (with all due respect to them). They should be testing themselves however they had games organised against better quality opposition only to have to cancel as they couldnt raise a team. Something not quite right over at Saints.

P.S.- Whats happening with the Club Licence or should that question not be asked ??

To my knowledge two of saints pre season friendly's against Stranraer and Gretna were cancelled by the opposition  (with 20 signed players ) don't think the problem was saints couldn't field a team ? As for the games they have played hardly think a win against  Moffat and craigmark  (Ayrshire juniors) !! Is under achieving  !! Not long until the all will be revealed in the new season  !! Like last year saints have no chance of winning anything ???

44 minutes ago, Oldcenterhalf said:

To my knowledge two of saints pre season friendly's against Stranraer and Gretna were cancelled by the opposition  (with 20 signed players ) don't think the problem was saints couldn't field a team ? As for the games they have played hardly think a win against  Moffat and craigmark  (Ayrshire juniors) !! Is under achieving  !! Not long until the all will be revealed in the new season  !! Like last year saints have no chance of winning anything ???

Love your confidence, they will need to watch they dont do too well and win the league, what would they do next year to avoid promotion and LL ??!!. Nice of you to join PAB by the way (today).

1 hour ago, Oldcenterhalf said:

There you go again jumping to the wrong conclusions  !! If there is one thing about you ? Your consistent  !! Always Wrong.will be good to see the improvements wigtown bring to the table this season . 

What a poor come back. Wigtown will bring plenty to the table this season at out Licenced Ground (entry level). Also, Wigtown have spent a great deal of money upgrading the facilities to gain their Licence (yes we submitted our application on time !), when others spent their cash on buying success by paying their players.

Archived