Are you a 2014 No voter who would now consider Yes?

Fide

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

😂😂😂😂😂 the man that hasn't shut up about "regionalists" and Scotland being a clear and identifiable nation is now comparing Scotland to a state of Germany like saxony or a region of France like the Rhone.😂😂😂😂😂

Regionalists are people who want Scotland to remain as a region of a nation state in the eyes of the world (like your BritNat self). People who want it to be a clear and identifiable nation state (which it isn't, and which I've repeatedly said it's not) are nationalists. But you know this.

the man that hasn't shut up about "regionalists" and Scotland being a clear and identifiable nation is now comparing Scotland to a state of Germany like saxony or a region of France like the Rhone.

Freistaat Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt & Niedersachsen are all separate states

"The Rhône" is a river in Switzerland and France. It enters the EU as opposed to leaving it

"Rhône" is a department as opposed to a region

The first time around I knew where we stood within the UK and I just didn't feel that the SNP were able to fully answer all the economic questions.  There were too many gray areas around currency, debt repayments and oil revenues for me to comfortably tick the Yes box.  (and considering that the SNP's very being is to get Scottish Independence but that they couldn't make a compelling case for Independnce worried me a bit)

EU membership was a factor but not the be all and end all.  If it does come around again, I hope the Nats don't restrict their focus to just the EU and I hope they've learned the lessons of the last referendum.

I don't think there's any great rush for and Indyref2 - Brexit may not happen any time in the next few years and the EU may not even be the same place if Brexit does start to happen - with other countries leaving, or UK getting a not bad deal.

Independence but with your fiscal policy being set by Bank of England or by Brussels seems like 2 sides of the same coin to me.  Neither would give you true 100% control of your finances/interest rates etc.  Don't know how setting up our own currency would impact that.

In a nutshell - I am prepared to vote yes in indyref2 (as I was in the 1st one) but only if I can be fully convinced that it makes sense and wouldn't cripple us for years to come.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived