The David Cameron Resignation Thread

FlyerTon

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. What's coming in will actually be worse.

As an aside, it'd be nice if IDS could contract some sort of life-changing long term illness.

Heads gone

That certainly fits the criteria.

The prospect of an unelected Tory PM for nearly 4 years is terrifying.

Will be interesting to see who actually wants to be PM through this farrago.  I suspect the ones with some cunning will be taking a backseat and playing the long game.

Will be interesting to see who actually wants to be PM through this farrago. I suspect the ones with some cunning will be taking a backseat and playing the long game.

The Tories will have to be very careful. If they force an unpopular leader on the country then they'll get Gubbed at the next election. Wouldn't surprise me if they hang boris out to dry.

I don't think he had any option other than resign - what exactly did he achieve in his negotiations? and he campaigned for Remain. So he had to go before he was pushed.

The next Tory leader gig is a hospital pass - probably why notably Leave Tories were keen for Cameron to stay on. 

Is it though? Labour are going nowhere unless they bin Corbyn now.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there's a revolution in the next few years.

The next Tory leader gig is a hospital pass - probably why notably Leave Tories were keen for Cameron to stay on. 

It's all about the economy for Cameron now.

Is it though? Labour are going nowhere unless they bin Corbyn now.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there's a revolution in the next few years.

The next leader will take the fall when it transpires the UK won't get a better deal from Europe like Boris and Gove said they would. 

For me Cameron's resignation does two things: It plays for time and promotes stability in the markets so that article 50 doesn't get invoked today. Second he leaves with grace and dignity (more so than he ever governed with) which should promote a lot of goodwill and respect even amongst Brexiteers in the party which means that come October, he'll have enough heft to stop Johnson by throwing his weight behind Gove.

Archived