FT: Broch 4 Fort 0

FT: Cove 1 Vale 0

FT: Forres 3 Brora 1

FT: Goslpie 0 Lossie 2

FT: Huntly 0 Rothes 1

FT: Nairn 1 Buckie 2

FT: Wick 1 Locos 6

FT: Clach 3 Keith 0

Fraserburgh, Cove, Forres, Lossie, Rothes, Buckie, Locos, Clach are all now one game away from getting into the scottish cup

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obvious shock in that Huntly losing at home to Rothes  :o  :o

atleast we wont lose at Christie park this year  :lol:  :lol:

652697[/snapback]

Rothes are a much improved side this year, they have brought in some good players although huntly are a better side, im not suprised rothes nicked a result today.

Quite a few potiental moray derby matches for elgin in there

Guest Guinness_Alan
Obvious shock in that Huntly losing at home to Rothes  :o  :o

652697[/snapback]

I wasn't shocked. :)

Anyone know when the draw is for the next round? :unsure:

Guest Tarvie

653758[/snapback]

2nd Round games are due for Sat 17th Sept so I would expect something soon :D

653758[/snapback]

Tomorrow lunch time.

Elgin and Rothes in the same North Cup group, looking forward to a humping?

TENNENT'S SCOTTISH QUALIFYING CUP DRAWS Monday, 29 Aug 2005

The draw was made this morning for the quarter final of the Tennent's Scottish Qualifying Cup (North), after Saturday's first round ties produced eight clear results. Last season's finalists, Inverurie and Cove Rangers, both have home ties.

Inverurie Loco Works v. Buckie Thistle

Rothes v. Lossiemouth

Cove Rangers v. Clachnacuddin

Forres Mechanics v. Fraserburgh

The ties are to be played on Saturday, 17 September, with the winners gaining entry to this season's Tennent's Scottish Cup.

Following the weekend's preliminary ties in the Qualifying Cup South, which included a shock defeat for cup holders Whitehill Welfare, the revised first round draw is:

Annan Athletic v. Dalbeattie Star

Newton Stewart v. Preston Athletic

Coldstream v. Selkirk

Civil Service Strollers v. Spartans

St. Cuthbert Wanderers v. Edinburgh University

Wigtown and Bladnoch v. Girvan

Vale of Leithen v. Threave Rovers

Edinburgh City v. Hawick Royal Albert

Guest Guinness_Alan
Elgin and Rothes in the same North Cup group, looking forward to a humping?

654111[/snapback]

You got to go to the smallest club in the Highland League to find someone you think you can beat these days? :rolleyes: I predict another "shock" for the Speysiders. :)

Rothes v. Lossiemouth

654665[/snapback]

Surely Rothes will beat them this time. :unsure:

You got to go to the smallest club in the Highland League to find someone you think you can beat these days? :rolleyes:  I predict another "shock" for the Speysiders. :)

655532[/snapback]

Well in the last 2 games we've played against Rothes (one friendly, one north cup game) Rothes have won em both! :ph34r:

I predict Buckie, Rothes, Clach and Forres all to be in the Scottish Cup First Round draw.

Yup a week Saturday and their fate will be decided. Hopefully all four will get byes into the Second Round and get home ties at home to Third Division sides. I would love a Highland Derby like we had in 2001 against Buckie.

A game against Forres for the banter, it would be fun shouting abuse at Pele again.

If Clach progress we get to see a couple of County fans in the Scottish Cup, so good luck to Clach. Clach drew 3-3 with Cove at the weekend at Grant Street, so the game should be a cracker.

Its far from the strongest Highland Scottish Cup qualifiers though. The Champions curse struck again, meaning the Champions miss out for the last three seasons.

Carlos i wid predict the Jags tae beat Inverurie, Lossie tae beat Rothes after a replay,the Cove Clach match could go to a replay and penalties with probably Clach going through and Forres hivna played anybody good yet so i recon the Burry will get through after a replay.

Recon the Jags are the best team left in the tournament and will win our second Q Cup in 3 seasons.

I see what yir sayin that its nae the strongest wi both Deveronvale and Huntly already oot but i think its good tae see either Rothes or Lossie in the Scottish Cup.I bet that two teams will be able to pull a bigger crowd than either Keith Cove or Huntly would in the cup

I think lossie will beat rothes. Lossie have been on a good run at the moment and are looking a much better side than was suggested pre-season. They've already beat rothes in the league and the north cup. so who says they cant do a treble over them next week. Although if Rothes win, i wont be too bother either way, will be great for the smallest club in the hfl to get into the scottish cup. From a moravian's point of view, hopefully Forres, Buckie will all also join Rothes/Lossie in the scottish cup

Well all four ties could go either way.

I chose Buckie over Locos as I like to piss Tarvie off. However I think Buckie are definately teh strongest team left in it, and certainly have the players to beat Locos. However I would imagine the home advantage may well indeed hold a huge advantage. Its a shame both teams drew each other as both could easily have made the Scottish Cup proper.

Forres are on a high just now and of course their championship challenge will peter out by the turn of the year, but they are confident. With home advantage too I think that will just give them the edge. However if teh Burry get a draw at Mosset Park, they will go through after the replay.

Rothes have beaten both Huntly and Locos 1-0 away in so far this season. Yes Lossie have definately been the better team so far thsi season, but I just cant help think that Rothes keep their better games for the bigger games. Hence why Im tipping them.

As for the Cove - Clach clash, Im just being hopelessly biased. Clach are heavily influenced by ex Ross County players, and Psycho will always be a County legend. So im hoping they go through. Just wearing my blinkered specs.

But to be honest what we have is probably the closest ties that we could possibly have got, there is no clear cut winners to be picked. Should all be exciting ties and goals to be had. I just hope that whoever gets through gets a decent tie money wise. And byes to the Second Round also.

Archived