Standout player from your club this season

Injuries have been his problem, when he gets fit he seems to pick up another injury. Hopefully he can get a good preseason behind him.

A lot of his injuries last season were down to him compensating for a groin problem which was eventually diagnosed as a hernia issue. He kept picking up strain type injuries which were treated but without recognising the underlying root cause. He had the op at the tail, end of last season and seems raring to go now in bounce games.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How you defining "one of"? Top 5, top 10?

definitely top 5.  In fact I'm struggling to think of a centre half in Scotland I would want more than him!  The impact it has on our team when he's out is plain to see.

Just at centre back? Five names off the top of my head for a kick off.

Simunovic

Sviatchenko

Ozturk

Rossi

Davies

Sviachenko fair enough, Simunovic has played less than 20 games,  I haven't seen enough of him  to say I'd rather have him!  Ozturk and Rossi!?!  :lol:  :lol: And Davies has looked decent whenever I've seen him but not enough for me to say I'd rather him than Hanlon! 

Rossi is a beast in the air and strong in the tackle. No nonsense defender who is a hard, hard man.

Ozturk is very good on the ball and is a leader. He can ping passes all over the place and can defend as well.

What is Hanlon more adept at than either of these guys? Or is it just cause they're "yams"?

Rossi is a beast in the air and strong in the tackle. No nonsense defender who is a hard, hard man.

Ozturk is very good on the ball and is a leader. He can ping passes all over the place and can defend as well.

What is Hanlon more adept at than either of these guys? Or is it just cause they're "yams"?

Nothing to do with them being "Yams" more to do with he fact that I don't rate either of them!  You say Ozturk is very good on the ball? I think Hanlon is better, he is certainly far more composed on the ball than Ozturk, is an equally good, if not better, passer of the ball and is certainly a better defender!  He's also good in the air and whilst he can never be described as a "hard man" he is composed in the tackle and his timing is near perfect! I do rate Meekings but again, I don't think he's any better than Hanlon plus the fact that he has been used mostly as a right back this season.

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree. I do rate Hanlon and I had him in my team of the season for this league last season.

The assertion that you'd not take anyone currently playing in Scotland over him at CB was absolutely mental though.

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree. I do rate Hanlon and I had him in my team of the season for this league last season.

The assertion that you'd not take anyone currently playing in Scotland over him at CB was absolutely mental though.

That's fair, I subconsciously didn't include Celtic when talking about other players because their players SHOULD be much better than the rest with the money they've spent.  There are others of similar ability but I wouldn't want any of them over him if you know what I mean?  He's still quite young for a CH and he is improving year on year and hopefully that trend continues!  Funnily enough when the rumours were going around saying he was going to Aberdeen the only one from Scotland I would have really wanted in his place was Peter Grant.....

Based on the players we have right now:

Goalkeeper: Cammy Bell, hopefully can bring his form back before he signed for the Rangers.

Defender: Hard one, Probably Donaldson if we can bring in a big centre half to win the headers then Donaldson to play it out from the back.

Midfielder: Murdoch, probably be starter every week hopefully he can shine. Other who need to step up this season are Spittal, Fraser and Telfer.

Striker: Murray, hopefully he can continue his form from end of last season. Really think he can shine this season and get 10/15 goals.

Archived