Gordon Strachan

Elixir

Reading some reports on here and listening to some of the media...

if I hadn't seen the game I would have thought we battered England and got done by 3 breakaways.

The reality is we lost 3-0, conceded 68% possession, Sterling missed an open goal from 2 yards out and Hart never made a save all night.

The scoreline was absolutely a fair reflection on proceedings. I feel like I'm living in a Kafka-Esque nightmare with Scotland sometimes.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reading some reports on here and listening to some of the media...

if I hadn't seen the game I would have thought we battered England and got done by 3 breakaways.

The reality is we lost 3-0, conceded 68% possession, Sterling missed an open goal from 2 yards out and Hart never made a save all night.

The scoreline was absolutely a fair reflection on proceedings. I feel like I'm living in a Kafka-Esque nightmare with Scotland sometimes.

68% by the end of the game - but if you take the mark at either the 2nd or 3rd goal it would be much more even.

The last 20-25 or whatever was done, and I don't think that can be counted in this respect.

Yes it's a 90 minute game but this was a top team (well, kind of) playing at home against a plucky underdog (I'm sorry but at this moment in time it just is, look at the bloody odds).

When the favorite goes 2 or 3 up in these circumstances then the match gets closed out. If you're questioning why we couldn't start a come back late on then I think your expectations are ridiculous.

We needed the first or second goal last night, and couldn't get it.

Just now, pandarilla said:

68% by the end of the game - but if you take the mark at either the 2nd or 3rd goal it would be much more even.

The last 20-25 or whatever was done, and I don't think that can be counted in this respect.

Yes it's a 90 minute game but this was a top team (well, kind of) playing at home against a plucky underdog (I'm sorry but at this moment in time it just is, look at the bloody odds).

When the favorite goes 2 or 3 up in these circumstances then the match gets closed out. If you're questioning why we couldn't start a come back late on then I think your expectations are ridiculous.

And if yer auntie had baws she'd be your uncle.

I don't even know where to begin with this post. Your excuses for last night's result are laughable and your attitude is utterly depressing - so content with failure upon failure, adamant that it's as good as we can hope for. Unfortunately you're not the only Scot like that.

And if yer auntie had baws she'd be your uncle.

I don't even know where to begin with this post. Your excuses for last night's result are laughable and your attitude is utterly depressing - so content with failure upon failure, adamant that it's as good as we can hope for. Unfortunately you're not the only Scot like that.

Oh do f**k off.

There's no excuses. We're pretty fucking average if you hadn't noticed. We played pretty well but didn't have the quality to take a chance.

England have quality, and our defence isn't up to it. I've always pointed out that is the key q. Could anyone else get more out of the defenders we currently have?

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Also the 4 big chances were still big chances even though they didn't result in a shot for Hart to save.

Didn't Hart save with his legs from Snodgrass? Or was that a defender who blocked it? I was pished so it's a bit hazy.

18 minutes ago, Lex said:

. I feel like I'm living in a Kafka-Esque nightmare with Scotland sometimes.

12 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Didn't Hart save with his legs from Snodgrass? Or was that a defender who blocked it? I was pished so it's a bit hazy.

Blocked by Stones.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Oh do f**k off.

There's no excuses. We're pretty fucking average if you hadn't noticed. We played pretty well but didn't have the quality to take a chance.

England have quality, and our defence isn't up to it. I've always pointed out that is the key q. Could anyone else get more out of the defenders we currently have?

Getting touchy now eh? f**k knows what I said there to set you off but whatever it is you can always cry into your Strachan posters about it.

Why do you keep making excuses then? Aye we are, so are both Irelands yet they still manage much better than us. We lost 3-0, that's down to far more than just not taking our chances.

England's defence is their worst in a long time and we didn't even manage a shot on target, but aye we played well and there's no way anybody else could possibly do better, let's just accept we're shite and go home.

When most of your centres are of Championship standard, (the jury's out on Hanley even at that), from watching that fairly basic level of the game, dealing with headers is a defender's currency. This should be a basic, for any team. A manager should simply ship out those who don't deliver, thats when it becomes his fault. 

Teams take about ten minutes to work out how to beat us now, absolute easy-beats. 

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

How about not playing him? It's Strachan's job to play our best players and to get the best out of every last one of them - which includes organising them in such a way that mistakes are minimised and when such mistakes do occur there is appropriate cover in place. It is absolutely baffling that your way of defending the manager is to point to the same simple mistakes happening time and time again.

Yourself and pandarilla will accept any old shite though because we're just wee and unlucky - somehow thinking it's acceptable that in our last three games we've picked up one point and been on the end of two 3-0 pumpings despite our opponents not even playing that well. It's complete shitebag behaviour.

have you ever read any of my posts ya balloon :lol: ive constantly argued on here for scotland to be given a complete overhaul, drop the consistent failures that have now went 2 decades without going to a major finals (barring some fucking miracle in this campaign)

Excuses and shitebaggery from the one usual suspect left.

Strachan has done a shit job. We were pretty much humped by a team playing in second gear which makes our second 3-0 defeat in a row, and only 4 points where much more was achievable. I don't give a f**k about pride or effort or chances if the job isn't getting done. And those things weren't exactly in abundance before anyways.

We've been shit. The management has been shit. The squad selection has been shit. There really isn't anything left to say about it.

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I agree with a lot of that - except the last bit. Yes we have options, but they're all much of a muchness. You can shuffle them about but there's no easy solution that's being missed.

If you mean the defence, then yes, I would agree.  But it's the old adage, you have to look at what you have, devise a system that suits best and minimise the risk.  That's why I'm saying IMO as we don't have a capable right back, we can't play a back 4. 

If you mean in other areas of the pitch, I don't think I would agree.  Our strengths are in the advanced areas and can hurt opposition if we're brave enough to play the best options and with 2 up front to take advantage of the chances created.  But either way, unless the defence is addressed we will continue to lose very poor goals and you simply can't continue like that and hope to do anything at this level.  

12 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

If you mean the defence, then yes, I would agree.  But it's the old adage, you have to look at what you have, devise a system that suits best and minimise the risk.  That's why I'm saying IMO as we don't have a capable right back, we can't play a back 4. 

If you mean in other areas of the pitch, I don't think I would agree.  Our strengths are in the advanced areas and can hurt opposition if we're brave enough to play the best options and with 2 up front to take advantage of the chances created.  But either way, unless the defence is addressed we will continue to lose very poor goals and you simply can't continue like that and hope to do anything at this level.  

You mean like Southern Ireland, Brigton?? One PL defender, the rest of the team bottom feeder and Championship plankton......currently beating das Wunderteam of 2016 in Vienna. You'd think they, Wales and Norn Iron are just doing this out of badness if we didn't know any better, wouldn't you!!

In terms of the right back problem, we had two sitting in the house/pub watching that last night. A player like Hutton, protected by a right-half type like Hartley did for him, still has a future of sorts. Its Strachan's management which is dated and past its use-by date. 

Strachan is just simply an utter disgrace of a manager.
Listen to the pre and post match interviews with Coleman,  Martin O'Neill & Michael O'Neill.
Compare those with WGS and his jaundiced bile, his baffling answers and his downright obstinacy.

Go NOW, ya failure.

Archived