Gordon Strachan

Elixir

I'd guess he's off-ski after this game regardless of the result.

It gives the SFA a bit of time to choose a  new manager to be fair.  

If we can get someone from outwith Scotland, it would be best.  The team/squad selections have been poor under the last few managers.  

A pair of fresh eyes and fresh judgement is painfully needed.  The players are there imo for a good international side.  It just needs someone with authority and experience to get them in and get them telt (it's def. that simple:))

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, NewHope said:

This train of thought of wanting England to gub us just so Strachan is airbrushed from Scottish football history is as nonsensical as it is nauseating.

I don't think it's nauseating at all, but if you do, then fair enough.

Why nonsensical though?  Are you suggesting that there's no logic in thinking a heavy defeat might have a greater chance of unseating him? 

I think Strachan is gone and he certainly hasn't hepled himself recently... But I am sure someone posted that they wanted him totally eradicated and removed from Scottish football history and that a defeat would help acheive this. Quite the opposite as he would be remembered as the manager who had his team utterly horsed at Wembley by a decidely average England team.

Frank Haffey escaped to Australia and he hasn't exactly been allowed to slide from Scottish football lore.

Besides, WGS will always be this guy in one of the most iconic images of Scottish football history.

_65283949_strachan.jpg

7 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

Stephen Ireland hasn't played in months since breaking his leg - when exactly is that quote from? Stoke fans seem to be encouraged by Adam's recent form (not that I'd have him in the squad tbh). 

Yes, it was from tail end of last year. Also turns out the poster was being sarcastic.

I played a blinder there. :oops

I guess I am more annoyed at the timing of all this stuff from Adam than anything he has said. He's not exactly helping the preparation while trying to raise his media profile in the hope he gets more punditry work. Same goes for Hutton. Surely both of them could have waited until after this one game before spitting the dummy.

Charlie Adam is excelling in the English Premier League and is being left out for the likes of a player who decides to ply his trade in the Scottish Championship? Rate him or not I'm sure that's a pretty fair grievance TBH.

That's a good point huttons end product for an attacking rb is absolute horse,  it's hilariously bad,  he never finds a telling ball very at all.  You could watch him for years every week and not see him produce once, just wee floaty aimless site.   Six out of ten player and  very lazy. 

On a related point Adams end product is excellent,  even not playing well he gets in a decent shot or set piece or cross or telling pass.  Night and Day those two in that respect. 

8 hours ago, NewHope said:

I think Strachan is gone and he certainly hasn't hepled himself recently... But I am sure someone posted that they wanted him totally eradicated and removed from Scottish football history and that a defeat would help acheive this. Quite the opposite as he would be remembered as the manager who had his team utterly horsed at Wembley by a decidely average England team.

Frank Haffey escaped to Australia and he hasn't exactly been allowed to slide from Scottish football lore.

Besides, WGS will always be this guy in one of the most iconic images of Scottish football history.

_65283949_strachan.jpg

I think you might be referring to something I said, but if so you've misinterpreted it.

I said I wanted him to disappear as a footballing figure.  What I meant was that I don't much want to see him come back as a manager and I certainly don't want him popping up as a discredited pundit.

Of course his playing contribution can't and shouldn't be erased.  I remember him very well and fondly as an excellent player.

I'm sick of him these days though and don't wish to hear from him again.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think you might be referring to something I said, but if so you've misinterpreted it.

I said I wanted him to disappear as a footballing figure.  What I meant was that I don't much want to see him come back as a manager and I certainly don't want him popping up as a discredited pundit.

Of course his playing contribution can't and shouldn't be erased.  I remember him very well and fondly as an excellent player.

I'm sick of him these days though and don't wish to hear from him again.

Fair enough... I can see why you would feel that way as his act has indeed became a little tiresome and any humour has turned to bitterness in recent months.

Good to read that you still acknowledge his place in the positively palatial pantheon of Scottish fitba' though. :thumsup2 I guess I did misinterpret that part.

clutching at straws in our hope Strachan wont be in charge this time next week, all know he wont leave and the SFA will not sack him either so we are screwed! CBFA with inevitable love in if we succumb to a "brave" defeat either, this brave losers and all that rubbish is exactly why we are in this mess, we need to stop patting ourselves on the back if we lose a game, end of the day we lose because we aren't good enough simple as.

Big wins against Gibralter and Malta make us easy qualifiers, according to the media, but us fans who have witnessed the dire performances from the team and the manager, know different. We, at the moment are a 4rth tier footballing nation, and that won`t change until we unearth some gems!

http://www.wsc.co.uk/features/13568-gordon-strachan-s-calm-can-help-scotland-to-symbolic-win-over-england

Absolute shocker from Alex Anderson.  My favourite bit:

"Claiming the 1-1 draw at home to Lithuania last month was the "best Scotland have played for a long time” drew understandable ridicule. These bouts of apparent irrationality deflect pressure from Strachan’s players and are particularly vital with Scotland’s squad so weak and morale everything."

1 hour ago, resk said:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/features/13568-gordon-strachan-s-calm-can-help-scotland-to-symbolic-win-over-england

"Claiming the 1-1 draw at home to Lithuania last month was the "best Scotland have played for a long time” drew understandable ridicule. These bouts of apparent irrationality deflect pressure from Strachan’s players and are particularly vital with Scotland’s squad so weak and morale everything."

What is that incoherent sh*te?

5 hours ago, resk said:

I like WSC and a lot of their writers.

That however, is utter shit.  My favourite line, in response to what Strachan said after Malta, is "he creates minor silliness to stem the more dangerous tides of hysteria".

Just nonsense that grants Strachan's inane self indulgent rubbish a rationale it simply doesn't have.

A terrible piece of complete drivel.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Can we start on Strachan yet, or do we have to wait until the games starts?

What if we win?

Keep up, people started months ago.

If we win, I genuinely think some will be annoyed, because there's no way Strachan will leave after that.  I don't think we will win, and at that point I think he'll walk of his own accord.  I hope I'm wrong, and if I am then I imagine he'll be there until it's mathematically impossible to qualify.  I'm not convinced we do that well from throwing a new manager in mid-way through a failed campaign.

Archived