Gordon Strachan

Elixir

15 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

I'm as pissed off as anyone  after tonight but I cant help feeling that this Group is very..very far from being resolved.Not clutching at straws,just stating things as I see them.England I think are entering a period where they are going to struggle (which makes tonights result all the more painful..I know) and the other teams will continue to take points off each other.It all depends just how 'bad' this Group ends up given that one Group has to provide a runner-up that will not progress to the play-offs.

England will top the group and that's saying something, that's how shite the group is, seriously the easiest group we've had in years and we are still struggling. 

England are known bottle merchants and a good efficient Scottish side would wipe the floor with them but I can't see us getting anything more than a draw at Wembley because the way we are playing.    

It's the same every year with Scotland "we need 3 points tonight" then we get another chance at it because other teams have fucked it, if we just put these diddy teams to bed a draw at England would be a fine result and we would be on top. This is our last chance at it, we need the 3 in London then we can get back into it but I just don't see it, we get chances like this all the time but just can't kill it like ROI sides who just have that edge and they aren't much better than us on paper.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HardcoreVibes said:

England will top the group and that's saying something, that's how shite the group is, seriously the easiest group we've had in years and we are still struggling. 

England are known bottle merchants and a good efficient Scottish side would wipe the floor with them but I can't see us getting anything more than a draw at Wembley because the way we are playing.    

It's the same every year with Scotland "we need 3 points" tonight then we get another chance at it because other teams have fucked it, if we just put these diddy teams to bed a draw at England would be a fine result and we would be on top. This is our last chance at it, we need the 3 in London then we can get back into it but I just don't see it, we get chances like this all the time but just can't kill it like ROI sides who just have that edge and they are no real better than us on paper.

...and the irony is Tom English said tonight that after the win against Ireland (Euro Qualifiers) apparently the Irish Press Corps were saying they 'envied' how under Strachan....Scotland were playing at a higher level and fully expected them to qualify....hard to believe now!  

Berra seems to perform better than both Martin and Hanley week in week out in the championship lately.

How are you managing to find the time to watch 3 full games from the English Championship twice a week?

6 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

I'm as pissed off as anyone  after tonight but I cant help feeling that this Group is very..very far from being resolved.Not clutching at straws,just stating things as I see them.England I think are entering a period where they are going to struggle (which makes tonights result all the more painful..I know) and the other teams will continue to take points off each other.It all depends just how 'bad' this Group ends up given that one Group has to provide a runner-up that will not progress to the play-offs.

This group is far from over. Some very average teams who will beat each other. Whilst Strachan is still in charge we are going nowhere. Should someone new come along who is able to get the form players selected and the outcasts reintegrated then we may be able to salvage something. That in itself is not an easy task. I fully expect us to get worse, change things about and then hand out some severe beatings to Slovenia/Slovakia etc at the point it was too late for it to matter. 

Strachan should walk fucking home.

He's an old man. Don't think he'd survive a punishment march.

The SFA will maybe give him the England game then make the change. Maybe not. Depends how unhappy they are. Think their modus operandi is to give a manager 4 games of a qualifying group before getting rid.

That would give them a few months to find a successor. Possibly a chance to discuss how badly their current plans are going for bringing through young players in Scotland. Maybe they'll release Rinus Michels corpse to his widow and start Think Tank II. Given the SFA and fans couldn't pick a Scotland manager to save their collective arses, maybe let Think Tank II pick him. Or just throws darts at some names.

Suggestions for the people to be locked in Think Tank II?

I actually somewhat agree with Strachan when he says the players couldn't give any more last night.

The problem for Strachan then is that how does a scotland team that quality wise is at least on par with Slovakia judging by their form since the Euros and the abject performance in the 1st half from them, a Scotland team who's players tried their hardest and gave it all get so utterly humiliated by a team that was there for the taking.

The only logical answer unfortunately for Strachan is that he's the one at fault for it, through his tactics and personnel. Not that he'd ever admit that.

Also had to love the line " some of the players come out here feeling great about themselves and we have to make sure we send them back that way " he says without a hint of irony after dropping our £13m player who's just won a dream move to the bundesliga from the squad completely.

6 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I actually somewhat agree with Strachan when he says the players couldn't give any more last night.

The problem for Strachan then is that how does a scotland team that quality wise is at least on par with Slovakia judging by their form since the Euros and the abject performance in the 1st half from them, a Scotland team who's players tried their hardest and gave it all get so utterly humiliated by a team that was there for the taking.

The only logical answer unfortunately for Strachan is that he's the one at fault for it, through his tactics and personnel. Not that he'd ever admit that.

Also had to love the line " some of the players come out here feeling great about themselves and we have to make sure we send them back that way " he says without a hint of irony after dropping our £13m player who's just won a dream move to the bundesliga from the squad completely.

And who now feels unable to comment about Strachan.  

Strachan's done.  Our best player is now in the huff.  Better players on the bench, and the subs he brought on were spiteful and ego driven.  

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

How are you managing to find the time to watch 3 full games from the English Championship twice a week?

Never said i watch 3 full games , Hanley doesn't get a game for Newcastle currently. But see the highlights show that usually gives an indication when your watching the pivotal points of the matches. Just like when Yae watch motd to find out how all the premier teams are playing ?

I think some folk are kidding themselves about the quality of this squad of players.

Goalkeeper - Marshall, then crocks and kids

Defence - young full backs and hopeless centre backs

Midfield - reasonably strong, but nothing to shout about. Hull, Palace and WBA jobbers.

Forwards - Championship jobbers who struggle to score goals against anything better than Malta and Gibraltar. And Leigh Griffiths.

Looking at that, qualification is probably a while away.

We should be looking to the next two World Cups, Quatar in 2022 and 2026. 2026 is more realistic if we could get plans in place now. Even that's a push.

Or just try and cobble a squad together for the next Euros, where qualification is easier. Need to pick the right manager...oh.

Archived