Gordon Strachan

Elixir

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the plan was to keep it tight then look for a winner later on? So why remove a player who has came on late in games and set up a goal or scored from the bench entirely? Clearly it wasn't due to a lack of experience. If he's losing the players and losing the fans then there's not much left - except sadly and crucially the support of the SFA.

1 minute ago, HardcoreVibes said:

Strikers do need service though, if he's getting the service he thrives from he'll score.

He can also make things happen from nothing, when he came on Saturday night we looked much better and managed to snatch that point.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Griffiths has zero goals in 9 caps, if hes a "better player" than we truly are fucked

Griffiths is an intuitive striker.There is no doubt in my mind that given the service...he'll put them away.

When you look all through Strachans managerial career there generally seems to be a familiar pattern.

An initial bounce, a jovial funny Strachan, some decent results, a stagnation, a regression and a p***kly, stubborn, arrogant Strachan perpetuating it all.

A Wembley defeat to an average England team should just about seal his fate.

2 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

When you look all through Strachans managerial career there generally seems to be a familiar pattern.

An initial bounce, a jovial funny Strachan, some decent results, a stagnation, a regression and a p***kly, stubborn, arrogant Strachan perpetuating it all.

A Wembley defeat to an average England team should just about seal his fate.

Well he certainly didn't bring an initial 'bounce' to Parkhead if I remember rightly.Didnt Celtic lose (not sure but off the top of my head) 5-0 in a Champions League Qualifier way back when?

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Well he certainly didn't bring an initial 'bounce' to Parkhead if I remember rightly.Didnt Celtic lose (not sure but off the top of my head) 5-0 in a Champions League Qualifier way back when?

Generally speaking. He won the league that year.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Griffiths has zero goals in 9 caps, if hes a "better player" than we truly are fucked

The boy has started 3 games, how is he supposed to get acclimatised to international football if he's sitting on his arse?

He didn't learn anything sitting on his arse at Celtic either, at least Deila tried him when the heat was on.

16 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Griffiths is an intuitive striker.There is no doubt in my mind that given the service...he'll put them away.

And I'll bet a lot of his goals have came when he's up top himself, unfortunately he doesn't seem to plod about as much as Martin or Fletcher(how can that pile of shite keep him out of the team)

I'm as pissed off as anyone  after tonight but I cant help feeling that this Group is very..very far from being resolved.Not clutching at straws,just stating things as I see them.England I think are entering a period where they are going to struggle (which makes tonights result all the more painful..I know) and the other teams will continue to take points off each other.It all depends just how 'bad' this Group ends up given that one Group has to provide a runner-up that will not progress to the play-offs.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

I'm as pissed off as anyone  after tonight but I cant help feeling that this Group is very..very far from being resolved.Not clutching at straws,just stating things as I see them.England I think are entering a period where they are going to struggle (which makes tonights result all the more painful..I know) and the other teams will continue to take points off each other.It all depends just how 'bad' this Group ends up given that one Group has to provide a runner-up that will not progress to the play-offs.

We don't need to worry about 2nd place, we're really really shite, roll on 2020 qualifiers.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

ll bet a lot of his goals have came when he's up top himself, unfortunately he doesn't seem to plod about as much as Martin or Fletcher(how can that pile of shite keep him out of the team)

Fletcher was acting as a defender for Slovakia tonight.

Waiting for every other team to get a little bit shitter than Scotland isn't a strategy to win over fans......or inspire well anyone....are you Strachan's agent lol??

3 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Waiting for every other team to get a little bit shitter than Scotland isn't a strategy to win over fans......or inspire well anyone....are you Strachan's agent lol??

Well everyone has to earn a crust!.......can you spare a dime buddy?

Archived