Jump to content

East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017


Burnie_man
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, imho said:

You can only get away with playing like this now and again and we have done it too often this season, but its the points that matter. But if we play like that at Crossgates I think we will be in a bit of bother.  I remember they gave us a hard time at NCP and we just managed to win 3-2 , but they have went to all the top teams and have given them a game and they scored 3 at Pumpherston on Saturday and although they lost , this is going to be a very difficult game and we need to be up for it and start playing again. Would you change the team for this week.?   

Yeah they certainly did give us a hard time on saturday  we were up 2-0 and missed a couple of chances that gave them hope they like us missed a few glorious chances.On another day their striker Liam would have buried his chances.Not saying we had other chances as well their keeper pulled off a few great saves.But we got out of jail a draw would have been a fair result.

Edited by pumphy_man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah they certainly did give us a hard time on saturday  we were up 2-0 and missed a couple of chances that gave them hope they like us missed a few glorious chances.On another day their striker Liam would have buried his chances.Not saying we had other chances as well their keeper pulled off a few great saves.But we got out of jail a draw would have been a fair result.

Thought it was a very good game with both teams managing well despite being hampered by some bizarre refereeing decisions for both teams
Draw prob would have been a fair result
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Tuesday, April 04, 2017 at 18:24, crossgstes17 said:


Thought it was a very good game with both teams managing well despite being hampered by some bizarre refereeing decisions for both teams
Draw prob would have been a fair result

Don't like slagging refs but do agree hes always  like that though.

Edited by pumphy_man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, imho said:

You can only get away with playing like this now and again and we have done it too often this season, but its the points that matter. But if we play like that at Crossgates I think we will be in a bit of bother.  I remember they gave us a hard time at NCP and we just managed to win 3-2 , but they have went to all the top teams and have given them a game and they scored 3 at Pumpherston on Saturday and although they lost , this is going to be a very difficult game and we need to be up for it and start playing again. Would you change the team for this week.?   

If you really are a Dunbar fan your the most negative one I've come across. Always doom and gloom!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, imho said:

You can only get away with playing like this now and again and we have done it too often this season, but its the points that matter. But if we play like that at Crossgates I think we will be in a bit of bother.  I remember they gave us a hard time at NCP and we just managed to win 3-2 , but they have went to all the top teams and have given them a game and they scored 3 at Pumpherston on Saturday and although they lost , this is going to be a very difficult game and we need to be up for it and start playing again. Would you change the team for this week.?   

It's called grinding out a result we've done it a few times ourselves this season.It's all about taking your chances when they arise which Dunbar obviously done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pumpherston 3 Rosyth 0

Two goals from on form Mark Wilkins and a clinical finish fro leading goalscorer Ally McRitchie gave the home side the points.Wasn't all one way traffic however as Connor Shaw pulled off a couple of great saves once again.Pumphys first goal was our 100th of the season in all competitions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pistol88 said:

Crossgates 1-5 Dunbar 

Scott Gibson, Darren Handling, Chris Moffat, Sam Young (2) 

Cracking result and much improved performance from Dunbar today. Keeping the pressure on the teams above and despite me thinking this might be a difficult game, Dunbar went nap,well done. They deserve credit for keeping with the top two for months now and have been on a great run,and to keep winning, no matter how they play was the most important thing and they are right in there. Couple of changes today and again the squad depth has proved the manager has got it right on that front. Well done to all at the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lochgelly Albert 1-0 Blackburn Utd

Blackburn were second best throughout the match and pretty lacklustre like last week's match had taken a bit out of them. Lochgelly had the best effort in the first half with a shot blazed over after a stramash in the box and Blackburn never adapted to a tricky surface in the way Lochgelly did. The goal arrived after about 15-20 minutes of the second half with a header from a throw in and Blackburn never really responded, indeed Lochgelly had the better chances after that too.

Disappointing performance and all the credit goes to Lochgelly. Fortunately for Blackburn they've still got games to come to put today's performance right.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stoneyburn 1 -1 West Calder

Not a classic derby match to be honest with both teams not really having great possession although big Lee in the Stoneyburn goal probably the busier of the two goalies first half. 

Stoneyburn were first to score and were prob deserved leaders, we had a bad injury to Jordan Devine which seen him taken to hospital with a dislocation shoulder, we then scored in the added on time which seen us sneak a draw and very hard fought point against a Stoneyburn team which had played well of late.

Well done lads since we had half a team !

Awe and how did big Euan Drew stay on the park? Booked for a foul then had probably 4 or 5 fouls agains him after that!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oakley 3 Kirkcaldy 2
Kirkcaldy scored first with a long diagonal ball that caught us out,witch was an own goal but then we equalised thru a penalty from Cele,Kirkcaldy went to 2-1 up from a great strike from there forward,Kirkcaldy then tried to hang onto there lead by timewasting with 30 mins to go.we scored the equaliser with 5 to go after pushing jon Tully upfront and our 16 year old trialist scored our equaliser,Tully then went on to scorer a winner with minutes to go to pull us out the shit penalty was soft but on another day we should have won 8-3,just not taking our chances,got to say Kirkcaldy worked there socks off today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, The Doctor 46 said:

Stoneyburn 1 -1 West Calder

Not a classic derby match to be honest with both teams not really having great possession although big Lee in the Stoneyburn goal probably the busier of the two goalies first half. 

Stoneyburn were first to score and were prob deserved leaders, we had a bad injury to Jordan Devine which seen him taken to hospital with a dislocation shoulder, we then scored in the added on time which seen us sneak a draw and very hard fought point against a Stoneyburn team which had played well of late.

Well done lads since we had half a team !

Awe and how did big Euan Drew stay on the park? Booked for a foul then had probably 4 or 5 fouls agains him after that!!! 

Not the greatest of games football wise . Few lads from both teams on bookings were lucky to stay on the park , not just big Evan . The " half a team" comment doesnt wash with me at all . Just to add that we had 4 players missing from our previous weeks starting line up and 2 lads on the bench who were  still struggling with injury added to that a young lad on trial  .So I suppose you could say it was an even game all round .

I Hope big Jordan is ok and recovers soon as well . Looked a sore one again . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...