East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

It's Blackburns league to lose now 4 pts clear of Pumpherston,can't see Burnie  dropping many more points till end of season,they've made some excellent signings in Craig Young and Ross Donnelly to bolster there side.Also with the menacing David Swan in the side and Andy McQuillan who scores for fun.

Dunbar have three games in hand now win  them and they go second it's a tough ask as I'm sure they're still in all the cups.However I remember a few seasons again when Pumpherston had a good run in the Scottish they fell behind in the league and still got promoted with a great finish to the season.

Must win for Pumpherston on saturday against Lochgelly who have defeated them twice this season the second game if I recall Pumpherston were 2.0 up. A pattern occuring here that Pumpherston cant hold a 2 goal lead against teams around them in the league a defeat for Lochgelly and I think it will be curtains for them in the promotion hunt.

The lad Zander is a smashing player like you say can't see him being there long as clubs are already watching him I'm hearing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll stand by my belief that this will go to the wire, although depending on results next weekend, the realistic contenders could drop from four to three.

Lot's of games to go and points will be dropped, Oakley have improved with Lee taking over as everyone expected them to and they will be very tough opponents as Lochgelly found out. West Calder is always a hard place to go and get three points, as is Edinburgh, Easthouses and Rosyth and others.

It will be down to who keeps their nerve and who keeps playing to their potential.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'll stand by my belief that this will go to the wire, although depending on results next weekend, the realistic contenders could drop from four to three.

Lot's of games to go and points will be dropped, Oakley have improved with Lee taking over as everyone expected them to and they will be very tough opponents as Lochgelly found out. West Calder is always a hard place to go and get three points, as is Edinburgh, Easthouses and Rosyth and others.

It will be down to who keeps their nerve and who keeps playing to their potential.

Your being rather modest Burnie_man with your comments still thinking it will go to the wire.Totally agree with you about Oakley and West Calder if you still  have to play them.Not so much about the other three you mentioned.

4 minutes ago, dealornodeal said:

Your being rather modest Burnie_man with your comments still thinking it will go to the wire.Totally agree with you about Oakley and West Calder if you still  have to play them.Not so much about the other three you mentioned.

I've been watching this game for too long!  We have 3 home games left, and 6 away, the "advantage" of having a 3G pitch I suppose.  Oakley, West Calder, Dunbar and Lochgelly are four of those away games. Tough.

"Not so much the other teams" who happen to be two sides who have beaten Blackburn this season Rosyth and Crossgates albeit Crossgates in the cup lots more twists and turns to come Burnie correct to the wire it could go

1 hour ago, crossgstes17 said:

"Not so much the other teams" who happen to be two sides who have beaten Blackburn this season Rosyth and Crossgates albeit Crossgates in the cup lots more twists and turns to come Burnie correct to the wire it could go

Correct, lost deservedly in both those games so there are no "easy" three points in this league, Kirkcaldy also ran us close at home, you can't afford to play below your best.

On 1/23/2017 at 09:49, Burnie_man said:

No reason we can't have South Division fixtures for the next few months, Dunbar only ones left in the Scottish.

On 1/23/2017 at 06:03, dealornodeal said:

It's Blackburns league to lose now 4 pts clear of Pumpherston,can't see Burnie  dropping many more points till end of season,they've made some excellent signings in Craig Young and Ross Donnelly to bolster there side.Also with the menacing David Swan in the side and Andy McQuillan who scores for fun.

Dunbar have three games in hand now win  them and they go second it's a tough ask as I'm sure they're still in all the cups.However I remember a few seasons again when Pumpherston had a good run in the Scottish they fell behind in the league and still got promoted with a great finish to the season.

Must win for Pumpherston on saturday against Lochgelly who have defeated them twice this season the second game if I recall Pumpherston were 2.0 up. A pattern occuring here that Pumpherston cant hold a 2 goal lead against teams around them in the league a defeat for Lochgelly and I think it will be curtains for them in the promotion hunt.

The lad Zander is a smashing player like you say can't see him being there long as clubs are already watching him I'm hearing.

Dunbar are only left in the Scottish. Hopefully the team enjoyed the win against Benburb but their priority must be this game on Saturday. West Calder are one of the form teams at the moment and Dunbar will have to be at their best to get something from the game. Pumphy will beat the berts and Blackburn will win in Edinburgh. Hope im wrong with these two games but cant see it.  

4 hours ago, imho said:

Dunbar are only left in the Scottish. Hopefully the team enjoyed the win against Benburb but their priority must be this game on Saturday. West Calder are one of the form teams at the moment and Dunbar will have to be at their best to get something from the game. Pumphy will beat the berts and Blackburn will win in Edinburgh. Hope im wrong with these two games but cant see it.  

Us beating the Bert aren't a certainty they beat us on penalties in cup and and 4-2 in the league when we were 2-0 at halftime.

No reason we can't have South Division fixtures for the next few months, Dunbar only ones left in the Scottish.

Burnie possibly involvement in the the cups for a couple of teams holding up posting of fixtures - Edinburgh F&L and Crossgates in the East which hasn't been drawn yet but should be able to get 2/3 weeks fixtures up

Edinburgh Utd 0 Blackburn Utd 0

A heavy pitch is always a leveller and it was Edinburgh who got to grips with the conditions better in the first half, although Burnie could have had a pen when Swan was brought down on the bye line inside the box.

Second half Burnie were in the ascendancy without creating too much until the closing minutes when a through ball saw Campbell round the keeper and roll the ball into the net, at which point the ref decided it was offside. It wasn't. The ref had a shocker, he couldn't even get straightforward throw ins the right way.

Credit to the home side for nullifying the Burnie attack and a share of the points was a fair reflection of the game.

Didn't I say there's no easy games and the promotion race will go all the way!

15 minutes ago, Pistol88 said:

Dunbar 8-1 West Calder 

Sam Young (3), Chris King, Darren Handling, Steven Tait, Ano Subasic, Kevin Smith 

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What the hell happened to Cauther? Fancied them to give Dunbar a game.

You were hoping . Have to say that Dunbar were 3 up inside first 20 mins and never really looked back, although a mistake at the back gave them a glimmer, Dunbar went on to destroy them in the second half.  2  WC players sent of later when it was 5 or 6 but a great performance against a team that I thought was in form ,considering they beat Edinburgh 6-3 at Paties a couple of weeks ago. Sam Young back to form is a bonus .

6 minutes ago, imho said:

You were hoping . Have to say that Dunbar were 3 up inside first 20 mins and never really looked back, although a mistake at the back gave them a glimmer, Dunbar went on to destroy them in the second half.  2  WC players sent of later when it was 5 or 6 but a great performance against a team that I thought was in form ,considering they beat Edinburgh 6-3 at Paties a couple of weeks ago. Sam Young back to form is a bonus .

Aye I was hoping, that's how it works.  Looking at twitter they seen red when it was 4-1.

Archived