East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

12 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

Hope Dunbar get promoted, and see how they fare in the Premier league.

Also, it would give them some more local matches against Haddington and Tranent again!

I hope so as well, but will it matter if reconstruction gets the nod. Can someone answer if teams are allowed to  play  midweek league games under the lights  or does it have to be agreed by the opposition and league. Makes a bit of a mockery in having the facilities if you are not allowed to use them ,except in friendlies.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope so as well, but will it matter if reconstruction gets the nod. Can someone answer if teams are allowed to  play  midweek league games under the lights  or does it have to be agreed by the opposition and league. Makes a bit of a mockery in having the facilities if you are not allowed to use them ,except in friendlies.

I'm pretty sure games can be played under the lights but both teams must agree to it. I could be wrong tho.

Common sense should prevail... you'd think...

6 hours ago, budgie smuggler said:

I'm pretty sure games can be played under the lights but both teams must agree to it. I could be wrong tho.

Won't really need floodlights when and if South League get any midweek games when they begin.They won't want the season to finish too early.May is the normal time for league to finish.

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

There's another 10 Saturdays available to finish the season.  There might be a handful of midweek games depending on weather, but not many.

Which probably means Lochgelly will get a few midweek games mainly against fife sides if theyve not already played them.Can't see them sending Dunbar through to fife midweek.

Which probably means Lochgelly will get a few midweek games mainly against fife sides if theyve not already played them.Can't see them sending Dunbar through to fife midweek.

On come on. If Dunbar Utd are not going to get promoted, it'll be because we are sent to Fife three midweeks running. No one ever gets sent to Dunbar in midweek, despite being able to kick off at 7.45 with our floodlights but 6.30 kick offs in Fife for us!! Nae problems!! It used to happen quite a lot. I remember a 6.30 kick off in Sauchie.

14 hours ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

On come on. If Dunbar Utd are not going to get promoted, it'll be because we are sent to Fife three midweeks running. No one ever gets sent to Dunbar in midweek, despite being able to kick off at 7.45 with our floodlights but 6.30 kick offs in Fife for us!! Nae problems!! It used to happen quite a lot. I remember a 6.30 kick off in Sauchie.

If Dunbar dont get promoted it will be solely down to not gaining enough points. If anyone associated with Dunbar isnt excited at the prospect facing them with 8 games left, ie:promotion and possibly the title, then they are in the wrong place. The players should be buzzing and im sure they are and will ensure they are available for whatever is asked of them. Its a big ask to get the points required but its not a big ask to make sure everyone is available for 3 away midweek games, if required. Good luck to all at Dunbar, been a good season so far lets make it a great one. 

Blackburn Utd 2 Stoneyburn 1

With three enforced changes from last week it wasn't the prettiest performance in the derby against an on-form Fulshie, but 3 points are all that matter. Goals from Ross Donnelly and Andy McQuillan either side of the Stoneyburn goal secured the points.  Crowd of 115 on a nice sunny day.

Livingston 0 Pumpherston 2

Two goals one in either half from on form Ross Elliot was enough to give Pumphy all three points could have been all so different if Livingston had converted their penalty to equalise.It was a struggle but we got there in the end,on the plus side Neil Hastings made a welcome return to the side after leaving his post of assistant manager of Cowdenbeath.Still no Zander in the side and Ally is still recovering from injury and was on the bench.

8 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Livingston 0 Pumpherston 2

Two goals one in either half from on form Ross Elliot was enough to give Pumphy all three points could have all so different if Livingston had converted their penalty to equalise.It was a struggle but we got there in the end,on the plus side Neil Hastings made a welcome return to the side after leaving his post of assistant manager of Cowdenbeath.Still no Zander in the side and Ally is still recovering from injury and was on the bench.

Neil Hastings .....is that the ginger haired laddie that played centre back for you a couple of years ago ? He looked a really good player the couple of times I saw him. Just a pity for you it might be too late in the day.

Good to see Dunbar coasting at Oakley . Burnie struggled by the sounds of things , are they about to bottle it with 4 games to go ? I've a wee sneaky feeling they will bottle it and Pumphy will get second place behind us . Just a feeling I have , nothing more . (how do I get those smiley face things?).

1 hour ago, Desperate Bamstik said:

Neil Hastings .....is that the ginger haired laddie that played centre back for you a couple of years ago ? He looked a really good player the couple of times I saw him. Just a pity for you it might be too late in the day.

Good to see Dunbar coasting at Oakley . Burnie struggled by the sounds of things , are they about to bottle it with 4 games to go ? I've a wee sneaky feeling they will bottle it and Pumphy will get second place behind us . Just a feeling I have , nothing more . (how do I get those smiley face things?).

Yeah he played last season for us, we toiled a bit ourselves yesterday Bamstik but got their in the end.Onto next week who have Dunbar got next week were home to Crossgates.

3 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Yeah he played last season for us, we toiled a bit ourselves yesterday Bamstik but got their in the end.Onto next week who have Dunbar got next week were home to Crossgates.

We are at Home to Craigroyston next week. Blackburn playing in the cup at Penicuik so a chance for the gap to be closed a little by both us. Business end of the season now, and regardless of a struggle or not Blackburn got the 3 points yesterday and that's all that matters.

1 hour ago, BlackandWhite said:

We are at Home to Craigroyston next week. Blackburn playing in the cup at Penicuik so a chance for the gap to be closed a little by both us. Business end of the season now, and regardless of a struggle or not Blackburn got the 3 points yesterday and that's all that matters.

Craigroyston are funny team can score goals as you saw yesterdaycoming back from 5-3 down.But home advantage for the seasiders should win the 3 points 

Archived