East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

17 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Any truth in the rumour that Rosyth may fold.Hopefully that's all it is never like seeing a club fold.

Hopefully not but heard that there are big problems and it wouldnt be a surprise as its not easy trying to run a junior club on very little income. The big clubs get richer and the ones at the bottom find it harder every year. Dunbar and other clubs are no different, they generate what income they can by hard work and no sugar daddies handing in money to help you survive, not like some clubs have . Clubs are finding it harder to recruit committee and its them that keep clubs going. One has to think that the current league set ups are not all that helpful either, we are probably the furthest travelled team in the league,  but I can go along with the alleged proposal for going back to regionalised as has been suggested by some Fife teams, I think a lot of clubs would think seriously about it and some would think its a backward step, but not if it means clubs surviving.   Here,s hoping Rosyth can get through this bad patch. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not this again. If clubs can't hack the travel in the East Region, they should drop to a level more suited to their circumstances ie Amateurs.  No room for the tail wagging the dug.

The West Region are about to replicate the set-up we have, or go even further by having 4 all-in leagues of 16, meanwhile some Fifers want to wind the clock back to the 1950's.

I'm not sure Rosyth's issues are in any way connected to travel, there's 5 Fife clubs in the South Division as it is, and another 5 just over the bridge in West Lothian.

On Sunday, February 05, 2017 at 00:26, number4 said:

Yes it was

I see you got your new signing John Tully after all from Sauchie.Good player from what I've heard  well done now all you need to do is take points off our rivals Dunbar Blackburn and Lochgelly lol.

We signed the no 10 from Saturdays game last night.Apparently he's a defender but we played him up front.

I see you got your new signing John Tully after all from Sauchie.Good player from what I've heard  well done now all you need to do is take points off our rivals Dunbar Blackburn and Lochgelly lol.
We signed the no 10 from Saturdays game last night.Apparently he's a defender but we played him up front.

Aye got him in the end, helps even more with big ross out now [emoji22]we will try and take points from all teams left, number 10 looked decent with good movement and was a good foil for zander, hopefully you can keep a hold of him for next season

FIFE COUNCIL are to blame for Rosyths problems not interested in them at all only want the park for housing they weren't even going to relocate them. They want thousands to lease Ballingrys old park yet when Ballingry played there it was just under a grand. I

Crossgates probably scored more goals than you think your disrespectful to both clubs but obv your opinion for what it's worth

Hit a nerve big man. Just going by league positions and goal difference that's all. Only facts, could have mentioned a few more aswell. I agree the South league is very competitive and travel not really an issue.

The Premier is worse

Dunbar signed a new centre half I'm hearing. Chris Gordon has signed for them.

You missed out on Kieran Ingram from Berwick Rangers as well. Centre mid. Both played in our 0-0 draw last night with Penicuik under the NCP lights.

38 minutes ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

You missed out on Kieran Ingram from Berwick Rangers as well. Centre mid. Both played in our 0-0 draw last night with Penicuik under the NCP lights.

Heard you'd signed Berwick player just didny know his name. 

Craigroyston 0 Rosyth 1. Great header from Marc McCulloch separated the teams. No classic by any manner of means but a hard fought encounter in which Rosyth had the most chances but failed to convert yet again and Craigroyston almost snatched an equaliser at the death. Conditions underfoot were awful and credit to both teams for their efforts as both squads were several men down. Rosyth centre back pairing Marc McCulloch  and Mark Morrison both outstanding again.

Archived