East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

On 12/10/2016 at 16:06, Pistol88 said:

Dunbar 3-2 Crossgates 

Wes Mitchell, Chris Moffat, Chris Grant 

Dunbar got away with it against Crossgates who made it very difficult , it was physical but Dunbar were very sloppy all over the park and some players were very poor, but playing as bad and picking up the points is not a bad thing but it doesnt work out that way all the time. The manager made a couple of changes , but we struggled, and got lucky.  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good wee 3 points for West Calder today over the water at Kirkcaldy. 2 goals from Nicky Millar and one from the big square head of Fyffie gave us a 3 - 0 lead at halftime.

The home team had a better second half and came close a couple of times but tbh Cauther won the game with their first half performance and another well deserved 3 points.

Livingston Utd 0 Blackburn Utd 3

A scrappy game on a poor surface, Swan scored to put Burnie one up before HT but it was late into the game before McQuillan headed home moments after coming off the bench, and Ross Donnelly with a pile driver sealed the win.  I rarely pass comment on refs, but this guy was pretty bad today, got the basics consistently wrong.

Edinburgh Utd 2 Pumpherston 3

A bit of a struggle from Pumphy in the first half going down 1.0 to a Trialist effort. Pumphy equalised from a Fairley header but Edinburgh regained the lead from the penalty spot scored by Auriemma.It took till the 72nd minute for Pumphy to snatch the equaliser from Zander Murray who darted by several Utd players to unleash a shot in to corner of the net,eight minutes later Barry Nicholson scored the winner via a deflection.

17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Livingston Utd 0 Blackburn Utd 3

A scrappy game on a poor surface, Swan scored to put Burnie one up before HT but it was late into the game before McQuillan headed home moments after coming off the bench, and Ross Donnelly with a pile driver sealed the win.  I rarely pass comment on refs, but this guy was pretty bad today, got the basics consistently wrong.

Is that the same Swan that played last week ,  thought he was still retained by Bathgate?

49 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You can't retain amateur players, or any player these days.

So has Swan signed for Blackburn .? I know you cant retain players but what is the rule on playing a trialist, how often can one play for a club.? 

17 hours ago, Pistol88 said:

Stoneyburn 0-5 Dunbar 

Chris King (2), Darren Handling, Dean Ballantyne, Chris Grant 

Dunbar keeping up the pressure. All the best to everyone at the club and keep it going in 2017 .

2 hours ago, imho said:

So has Swan signed for Blackburn .? I know you cant retain players but what is the rule on playing a trialist, how often can one play for a club.? 

You can play as a trialist all season except cup games

Now we are at the Christmas break what are folks thoughts on the way the league promotion spots will play out? It's tight at the top with 4 teams in contention, Dunbar and Pumpherston have yet to meet each other and when they do it matches the tightest defence against the top scorers ... something has got to give. Blackburn have looked steady with just a loss at Rosyth coming as a surprise. Lochgelly have pulled out results even when trailing in matches but can't afford to drop too many more points if the top 3 stay as consistent. West Calder have put some good results recently and could have been closer to the top 4 if not for the points deduction.

Only 10,11 or 13 games to go .....

1 hour ago, spur yb said:

I thought that anaw , no entirely sure of the rules right enough

Yes think you are right can play three games if a retained player  - retention rule still stands for u23s but any non retained player could I believe play all season apart from cup

ties.

1 minute ago, superbathgate said:

So did Blackburn play Swan as a traillist and put there top scorer on the bench ? That can't have went down well

Seen him playing last week assume it was the same one this week

Archived