East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The tough games just keep on coming, have missed the last two so it will be good to get back.

Hopefully back to full strength again, a few niggling injurys and holidays have meant we've not actually had a full squad available this season yet to the best of my knowledge.

We should have 3 of our missing players back but have top scorer suspended and Ron still out suspended too.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn Utd 2 Lochgelly Albert 2

Andy McQuillan finished off a great move with a brillant header to put Burnie one up, then was on the end of another cross to double the lead on 35 mins. Berts got a goal back after a goalmouth stramash with the last kick of the half. Second half Berts were the better team and equalised on 67 minutes with a belter of a shot after the ball was cleared off the line.

Burnie never got going second half and a point is probably a bit of a relief. Going to be a cracking season with not much between the top 4.

Sickening loss at Easthouses today after playing some fine football in the second half. Loads of positives for such a young team and a corner will be turned shortly. Worst refereeing performance by a fair stretch today but not the first time over there.

Crossgates 0 Pumpherston 4

Pumphy took an early lead after 3 Minutes. Derek Shaw smashing home from 12 yards.Pumpherston extended their lead through a close range strike from Bobby Nwanze after a nice cross from Zander Murray.Ryan Slessor made it 3.0 before halftime after the home defence failed to clear the danger.Pumphy extended the lead just after the break thru a cracking curling shot into the top corner to complete the scoring 

Sickening loss at Easthouses today after playing some fine football in the second half. Loads of positives for such a young team and a corner will be turned shortly. Worst refereeing performance by a fair stretch today but not the first time over there.

Steady with the referee comment[emoji23] your boy should have had a straight red for a shocker of a challenge first half.

Ref was absolutely horrendous in our game at easthouses! First goal miles offside!! 3rd goal was clearly our throw, boys should never have switched off regardless but hard when it's such a clear decision then ref gives it the other way. Always a handful to play against 11 giants who just go back to front but very least we deserved was a draw

Ref was absolutely horrendous in our game at easthouses! First goal miles offside!! 3rd goal was clearly our throw, boys should never have switched off regardless but hard when it's such a clear decision then ref gives it the other way. Always a handful to play against 11 giants who just go back to front but very least we deserved was a draw

First goal went straight in from the cross... No one touched it[emoji847]

I'm a midget mate so hardly 11 giants[emoji847]

guaranteed our keeper played the ball out from the back more than yours did, first half especially yous launched it forward every time.

Maybe next time[emoji846]

That's a lot of Pish regarding the first goal considering I was in the box defending the cross, boy that tapped it in was about a yard off the goal line! Okay so 10 giants then, heard one of our guys saying 'pick up the big man' and even your own player said what one mate weer all huge! Launching it forward and trying to play it in behind your left back who was having a nightmare are 2 different things pal(hope your not the left back...)thought it was a decent game to be fair but in my opinion we deserved atleast a draw.

That's a lot of Pish regarding the first goal considering I was in the box defending the cross, boy that tapped it in was about a yard off the goal line! Okay so 10 giants then, heard one of our guys saying 'pick up the big man' and even your own player said what one mate weer all huge! Launching it forward and trying to play it in behind your left back who was having a nightmare are 2 different things pal(hope your not the left back...)thought it was a decent game to be fair but in my opinion we deserved atleast a draw.

The boy never touched it mate. According to the ref anyway..

Aye we do have a few big boys but wasn't a dirty game IMO. Nah I'm not the left back haha, I'll pass the message on[emoji23] first half we were better second yourselves. You're probably right.

A know the ref didn't think he touched it, that's why he gave the goal but a was just a few yards away. Nah I never said it was a dirty game at all, I just said it's hard playing against a team of giants who play to their strengths. Don't think there were any majorly bad tackles in the game. Agree with use being better in first half then us in second though. Decent game to play in... apart from the result obviously.

Mixed bag of games for the first time this season. Fife derby in the league, and match of the day at Thornton?

League

Rosyth v Blackburn Utd

Lochgelly Albert v Oakley Utd

Stoneyburn v Edinburgh Utd

Junior Cup

Pumpherston Juniors v Kirkcaldy YM

Livingston United v Cruden Bay

Thornton Hibs v Dunbar United

Kirriemuir Thistle v Easthouses Lily MW

West Calder United v Stoneywood Parkvale

Arbroath Vics v Crossgates Primrose

League