Burnie_man

Craigroyston 1-1 West Calder Utd
Crossgates Primrose 1-3 Blackburn Utd
Dunbar Utd 3-0 Stoneyburn
Easthouses Lily 0-5 Pumpherston
Edinburgh Utd 4-1 Kirkcaldy YM
Livingston Utd 1-10 (Ten) Lochgelly Albert
Oakley Utd 1-4 Rosyth

WTF is going on at Livvy? that's an embarrassment, Easthouses getting tanned by Pumphy, Oakley beaten badly by Rosyth.

Some start to the season!

Worst first half of football imaginable from us. 5-0 at half time. Pumpherston have improved this year though. Start again next week[emoji460]️

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Blackburn, Edinburgh and Dunbar for me. Lochgelly maybe be able to challenge as well. 

Blackburn usually start off well but usually blow it in the run in. I fancy Lochgelly and Pumpherston to go up.

Blackburn usually start off well but usually blow it in the run in. I fancy Lochgelly and Pumpherston to go up.

Pumpherston aren't good enough to go up. Blackburn/lochgelly/Dunbar teams of last season much better than them. And I assume they've all improved.

11 hours ago, Gorgieman said:

Not really, we've never been in a position to "blow it" to start with, and we've never been amongst the favourites to go up.

11 hours ago, milhoose said:

Lochgelly look very good, very sharp, they should be up their challenging for title,

Given Lochgelly want to see reform back to an auld Fife League due to travelling, do they want to go up to the Premier?

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Given Lochgelly want to see reform back to an auld Fife League due to travelling, do they want to go up to the Premier?

I'm sure they'd love promotion into the premier. Travelling isn't as big an issue when you go up the leagues, standard is better, easier to attract better players and likely to get more punters through the gate. In the bottom leagues, travelling can be an issue as some players may not want to travel a lot at the bottom level in east region, support isn't generally very good and the standard of football certainly isn't the same as the above levels. Therefor there's a big outlay on spending whilst not always getting much back in from poor attendances. 

43 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

I'm sure they'd love promotion into the premier. Travelling isn't as big an issue when you go up the leagues, standard is better, easier to attract better players and likely to get more punters through the gate. In the bottom leagues, travelling can be an issue as some players may not want to travel a lot at the bottom level in east region, support isn't generally very good and the standard of football certainly isn't the same as the above levels. Therefor there's a big outlay on spending whilst not always getting much back in from poor attendances. 

It was a bit tongue in cheek, however I'd say that if Lochgelly think the travelling is too much in the South (and therefore they want reform) even with 4 fellow Fife teams, they're not exactly going to solve the issue by going upto the Premier.

The leap in crowds (if at all significant) would be offset by probably higher player costs and higher travel costs, that goes with the territory.

Anyway, we'll see. I see they have been cut to 10/1 to win the league. Blackburn now 11/4 joint favs with Edinburgh.

3 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

Have they signed the Tower team again or are they doing it the normal way this time?

Not  quite although we have persuaded 2 of the Craigshill  Th Afc players to sign along with a couple from  Blackburn Utd a couple of young players from Murieston u21s and Broxburn u19s  Craigroyston and a few other Amatuers players.

21 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek, however I'd say that if Lochgelly think the travelling is too much in the South (and therefore they want reform) even with 4 fellow Fife teams, they're not exactly going to solve the issue by going upto the Premier.

The leap in crowds (if at all significant) would be offset by probably higher player costs and higher travel costs, that goes with the territory.

Anyway, we'll see. I see they have been cut to 10/1 to win the league. Blackburn now 11/4 joint favs with Edinburgh.

I'm not surprised they've been cut, some people were surprised they were such outsiders to start with given the fact they ended season well and have strengthened. Only heard promising things about them this year. Not surprised in slightest that Blackburn and Edinburgh are joint favs though 

If last week's results are anything to go by looks like Easthouses are in for another thumping from Lochgelly. 

If previous results are all to go by then football would be easy to predict eh[emoji4]

Be a tough game yes. Lochgelly beat us well last season and we pumped them away from home as well. Should be a good game[emoji3]

If last week's results are anything to go by looks like Easthouses are in for another thumping from Lochgelly. 

another thumping? They beat us last year at the end of the season when nothing mattered. We battered them at Lochgelly 5-1 or something. Simmer down pal

Archived