Who have you met IRL from P&B?

Right, I'm bored and need something to do.

I've not met anyone from P&B in real life, though a couple of people I know do have accounts, I don't think they posts though.

I've spoken to a couple of posters on Twitter (Sonstream and craig_killie) and that's about it.

What about everyone else? Who do you know? What P&B events have you been to (subcrawls etc.)? 

Please share any stories you have.

(EDIT was for posting the topic when I hadn't completed the post #muppet)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the first Dundee Bus Crawl - the one before the highly successful second leg where Dee Dee and myself hooked up after I'd turned up late and missed Chomp My Root - I met Bigmouth Strikes Again (at a few games since - top man, kills dabs for fun), LiamDFC (watched the game together on Championship winning day), DundeeBarry (bumped into him in Glasgow as well just after he'd released his book), speccy1984 (good few times since), Granny Danger (sound old c**t in real life but not to be trusted with highly confidential information on other posters), Tryfield, broon loon, The Real Saints (that pocket microscope came in handy), Gordie Boy, phantom-livi-lass. I think that's it.

I doubt he remembers but I ended up sitting near Div and family one night when out for a meal in Houston - I introduced myself and then had to explain to Mrs Ned and our friends that I knew him from the internet :bag

I worked beside 'Cowdenbeath' for many years but haven't seen or even messaged him for ages.

And another workmate of mine - "Weirdo" - joined up just to do the prediction league one year .... and then won it ! Div had a crate of beer delivered as a prize.

Too many to mention. Been to a couple of fives tournaments in the past and a couple of quiz nights. Think I've met most through going to the football though.

On the first Dundee Bus Crawl - the one before the highly successful second leg where Dee Dee and myself hooked up after I'd turned up late and missed Chomp My Root - I met Bigmouth Strikes Again (at a few games since - top man, kills dabs for fun), LiamDFC (watched the game together on Championship winning day), DundeeBarry (bumped into him in Glasgow as well just after he'd released his book), speccy1984 (good few times since), Granny Danger (sound old c**t in real life but not to be trusted with highly confidential information on other posters), Tryfield, broon loon, The Real Saints (that pocket microscope came in handy), Gordie Boy, phantom-livi-lass. I think that's it.

You forgot Gibson, the flash mac wearing DAB.

Thank you.

I've met a lot of the Caley fans, a few of the County fans and most of the guys who played for the P&B football team.

I was taught by ICTChris sister in law and have met both his siblings but never him!

Met a few at a couple of the P&B fives many many years ago.

And I did babysit JStewart.

There was a thread about this a while ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

I've met loads via going to games, mutual friends, P&B Fives tournaments, subcrawls and bumping into folk at random or finding out folk I already know had accounts etc. I tried listing them all in the previous thread and there were dozens and I still managed to miss some out.

*makes mental note to spend less time on the internet be less charming, endearing and friendly.

I've met itzdrk at an Ayrshire Derby, Squirrelhumper on several occasions and deadasdillinger at a Crash Club gig in Glasgow, since then we've done a fair bit of Simpsons referencing on facebook. I also knew Cooombe from before I joined up here. There's probably more people I know but can't think of right now. 

You forgot Gibson, the flash mac wearing DAB.

Thank you.

Well, that's freaky. I've just woken up from an afternoon siesta before my nightshift and the flasher jaiket wearing pervert was in my dream telling me his name was Lee O'Halliburt. His offended soul obviously made it's way into my subconscious after being left out of my list.

I'd like to add at this point that I don't regularly dream of p&b members.

I definitely know Mon the Mo, Delnch the mo and I went to school with Donny the puddle drinker. There's probably more of the Montrose fans that I've met but I'm just not aware of who they actually are, same with Arbroath and Brechin actually.

Archived