signings

totalfootball111

Interesting signings when I seen where they've came from. lads from Workington don't seem to have made townsleys 1st team though have youth on their side.Keeper from south Shields no a 1st team regular either though they are a club wi huge ambitions. Biggest toon in England without a league club ? Good luck to them all.

Wakefield no bigger ???

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wakefield no bigger ???

I'm sure there's some where bigger again but Warrington is more than twice the size of Wakefield.

Ffs lads was nae turning it into a geography lesson :D

does Wakefield even have a fitba team that competes in the English pyramid.

I've adjusted the post accordingly dearie me :D

Dudley seems to be the answer. Serendipitous question though. With the accession of Kilbie and Colts what's the largest Scottish town without a football team? And what's the smallest with a football team? To set the benchmark I think Gretna has a Population of3700

:lol: ... I hope your Geography teacher was better than your Maths Newky ;)

I saw a non league game at the Wakefield Rugby League ground a couple of years ago. Can't remember what they were called ... Wakefield FC?

Dudley seems to be the answer. Serendipitous question though. With the accession of Kilbie and Colts what's the largest Scottish town without a football team? And what's the smallest with a football team? To set the benchmark I think Gretna has a Population of3700
It gets even more bizarre what does serendipitous mean :D
:lol: ... I hope your Geography teacher was better than your Maths Newky ;) I saw a non league game at the Wakefield Rugby League ground a couple of years ago. Can't remember what they were called ... Wakefield FC?
Think they folded Rab now can we get back on topic please...... :D

Google always kills a good question debate....without any facts ill throw Grangemouth in

I thought u asked for the biggest town without a team

Grangemouth is around 15,000-17,000 but we have Falkirk Juniors, although no one from Grangemouth goes to watch them. The Falkirk Stadium is in Grangemouth however I don't want to claim that mob!

Nae answer on the eos thread I see :D

Jeezo some folk were moaning aboot ww needing a striker last season :o Prolific scorer (who played a big part in LTHV progress in Scottish last season) What's not to like after all its a squad game these days ;) As Rab said let's wait on the official confirmation next month I'm sure it'll be on their website ;)

Gormley is exactly what WW require

Using figures from Wikipedia it appears: East Kilbride (74,470) is the largest town without an SPFL team; Glenrothes (39,100) the largest town without a senior team; Bearsden (27,340) the largest without a senior nor junior team... Towns under 1,000 with senior clubs are: Creetown, Halkirk, Ormiston, New Abbey, Rosewell, Sanquhar, Wigtown.

He was absolutely murder for Morton about three years ago although I've no idea how he was doing in the States. Surely EK would be better spending his wage on a couple of younger, hungrier guys from the Juniors, for example?

Even at his pomp he was more of a niggly player than being technically brilliant which doesn't really lend itself to being a top players into his later years.

I totally agree with that. Cant seeing him being up to much now. And will be on big money. There must be better younger players out there. ML seems to like getting these big name signings in regardless of there ability. He signed bobby petta last year for rossvale. How did he do?

Surely EK would be better spending his wage on a couple of younger, hungrier guys from the Juniors, for example?
I totally agree with that. Cant seeing him being up to much now. And will be on big money.
Are EK paying their players now cause they've always been in denial :o

Archived