Fauldhouse United 2016/17 Season

Derek Sharp

If you want to take anything from the game, it was that for most of the first half your defence was well organised and well-packed.  However, the second goal just after the break, opened the floodgates.  We've been saying for a while that some poor team was going to take a real hiding and yesterday was the day..
At 7, I really thought double figures was on the cards but a combination of our lads taking the foot off the gas and some of yours rallying, meant the score was kept down.
Sad to say but if that is the norm, the 'hoose are down.  Will really miss a trip to the Howff and your fans banter.  Good luck for the rest of the season.

Very accurate and honest assessment of the game yesterday.
The Fauldhouse team NEED to read the comment by Jambo'ness and have a good look at their own performance/s.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jc1 said:

True and agreed

Common jc - you seem a very determined and loyal player for the hoose. Now you just need to get that mentality transferred over to the rest of your team. Looks from the comments on here that your team gave a good account of themselves in the first half yesterday, but then stepped back in the 2nd half.

Last season, the hoose did well, not only not to get relegated, but also to stay above the play-off position. For the sake of my pal the gate man, who is already grey(!) the fight back has to start now, while there are enough games left in the season to do a similar escape trick. We don't want the gate man to go bald as well, with all the worry!

Mon the hoose! 

My worry jon is players who came in latterly would be quite entitled to walk away.
You can see why Stevie walked and to be fair on Davie he's inherited a team that couldn't care less!!!
q
Personally I feel the couldn't care less is a tad harsh although admittedly it looks like that. There will and HAS to be a change in attitudes and the place needs a lift there is absolutely no doubt about that fact and as a group of players we NEED to change that

21st February, 2017

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Fauldhouse United hereby announce that the club has parted company with Davie Cowan and his back-room team. This is not a decision that has been taken lightly. We would like to thank Davie and his team for stepping into the breach at short notice at a very difficult time to steady the club after the previous mangers sudden departure and also for his previous tenure and achievements, which will see the name of Davie Cowan remain part of Fauldhouse United history.
We wish Davie Cowan all the best and are sure he will be a success in any future venture in his career

Davie had made it clear from the outset that his tenure was only on an interim basis, to the end of season and because of the situation that the club is in, it was felt that when a chance to fix a managerial appointment on a longer term, we had to consider it rather than wait until the end of the season and have to find a new manager close season

As a result, the club would like to welcome on board as our new Player/Manager, John Connolly. John is our current goalkeeper in his second spell at Fauldhouse and is a big favourite with everyone connected with the club. John has years of experience playing in the senior and junior ranks and we look forward to working with him and his new team and hope that his enthusiasm towards the club spills onto the playing field and we start to climb up the league table as we certainly want to stay in the East Super league next season. We hope all connected with Fauldhouse United, committee, players and supporters give John our full support for the future

Dave Huddlestone
Secretary.
Fauldhouse United jfc

Feck me JC someone actually gave you a managers job!! [emoji1] only joking bud all the best but reading this thread think you going to need more than just luck.... maybe an ageing but very experienced centre half??!! [emoji39]

I am actually mate. Hope your well big guy

Archived