Troon F.C. 2016/17

Troon Portland

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

It's a public forum Troon have no obligation to answer questions posted on here.

Its in the first 4 words of your post so jog of back to Hurlford topics 

5 hours ago, Football crazy 09 said:

My point was that, as been shown at every level of football, money can take you up the leagues but only football knowledge can keep you there.

Not every level , Celtic have spent more money  but in the adl awr have spent more money so who has success

I think 2 promotions , 1 championship 4 cup finals , 4th finish premier last year and a venue upgraded to be one of the best in the west over the last 5 seasons says different football crazy 09

Don't bite... u have too many has beens n fats c***s like Keenan - once a player but not now, get relegated, regroup n push on

Been a poor season for sure but the club have a good batch of young players and if they can keep them together and add a few quality experienced ones they will come back stronger , whether that's in premier or league below ?

47 minutes ago, quietmaybe said:

does seem a very hard run in

All tough games but if we want to be in this league these are the teams you have to get results against, if we could win 2 could be enough for playoff spot but going to be difficult for sure 

7 hours ago, Football crazy 09 said:

Celtic and AWR prove my point nicely thank you. Celtic are run by experienced football people and so they are able to sustain their success. AWR are up and down like a whore's drawers because all they have is money.

Dont know why Winton Rovers are dragged onto a thread relating to Troon.

However I would say that we have experienced football people at the helm of the club. We generate all our own income by a hard working committee, volunteers and supporters supporting off field fund raising events and maintaining good relationships and providing good value for money oppertunities to our sponsors. We are are not dis-similar to a number of hard working committees within the junior community.

Our onfield work has seen the playing surface at Winton Park improve year on year and the facilities for supporters are comparable withe best in the juniors.

We receive compliments from every visitong club and have been innovative to overcome fixture backlog and to maximise attendances in offering flood lit matches to provide an alternative to Saturday matches.

Finally we do manage our club on a wage structure, set the the manager a budget that was lower than last years to reflect the probable drop in gate revenue.

So I would say we are well managed and  this does include a excellent core of football people at the centre of the club.

Glad you have provided an insightful and productive reply.

As you say you neeed football people to examine the cause of this. We did an gave great thought in appointing our manager and looking into player recruitment so that we did not find ourselves left in the same circumstances as well did last season hanging onto some players empty promises. This season has been a rebuilding season and has exceeded our expectations considering we were left with only 4 players from last season.

Everyone recognises the Super League First Division is a difficult league to compete in and is cut throat. So we know what is expected and what we have to do to remain there if we are promoted this season. We are already planning our way forward as as people who are experienced in running football clubs should be in our position.

On 12 March 2017 at 17:55, Wild Winton Rover said:

Dont know why Winton Rovers are dragged onto a thread relating to Troon.

However I would say that we have experienced football people at the helm of the club. We generate all our own income by a hard working committee, volunteers and supporters supporting off field fund raising events and maintaining good relationships and providing good value for money oppertunities to our sponsors. We are are not dis-similar to a number of hard working committees within the junior community.

Our onfield work has seen the playing surface at Winton Park improve year on year and the facilities for supporters are comparable withe best in the juniors.

We receive compliments from every visitong club and have been innovative to overcome fixture backlog and to maximise attendances in offering flood lit matches to provide an alternative to Saturday matches.

Finally we do manage our club on a wage structure, set the the manager a budget that was lower than last years to reflect the probable drop in gate revenue.

So I would say we are well managed and  this does include a excellent core of football people at the centre of the club.

I used your club just as an example of a club who has spent money in the past and it hasn't worked out . Your club is not the only ones by any stretch of the imagination. I think awr are a well run club with great facilities that a lot of junior teams would love. But even this year after a great start the wheels came off a bit . I expected awr to win the league with quality of players they have in there squad .

so what is success this year 

12 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Was to be a big announcement at 5pm according to the twitter feed . Mysteriously disappeared now

Waiting with anticipation to 

Archived