Troon F.C. 2016/17

Troon Portland

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last summer's big signing didn't last long. Suppose they'll need to go back to forsyth to try and score the goals to keep them up. Why last seasons to goalscorer isn't getting a look in when they so desperately need goals just sums the goings on at Troon up.

Just want to thank all at Troon for the use of their tremendous pitch and their hospitality for me and my Scottish squad in our international v Wales yesterday. It really is a top venue and a credit to the junior game. My welsh counterparts couldn't praise the park and the after match hospitality enough and left a big impression on them.

Thanks again to Gordon Burns, Jim Kirkwood and all the catering staff etc on the day. Special mention to the renowned grumpy old groundsman who despite the previous evenings downpour still managed to get the game on and in perfect condition. Mind you he nearly had a meltdown when I told him we had a 4G pitch provisionally booked in case the game was called off last minute.... I can't print what he said on here but the nicer version was " you are pulling my leg my good man, if I had known that it would have been awfully nice of you if you could have just played your match on there instead" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just want to thank all at Troon for the use of their tremendous pitch and their hospitality for me and my Scottish squad in our international v Wales yesterday. It really is a top venue and a credit to the junior game. My welsh counterparts couldn't praise the park and the after match hospitality enough and left a big impression on them.
Thanks again to Gordon Burns, Jim Kirkwood and all the catering staff etc on the day. Special mention to the renowned grumpy old groundsman who despite the previous evenings downpour still managed to get the game on and in perfect condition. Mind you he nearly had a meltdown when I told him we had a 4G pitch provisionally booked in case the game was called off last minute.... I can't print what he said on here but the nicer version was " you are pulling my leg my good man, if I had known that it would have been awfully nice of you if you could have just played your match on there instead" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As Jimmy said, anytime Fabi. Your boys played some really good football & it was great to see a Scotland side run out comfortable winners!

• 4 weeks later...

What's going on at Troon. After three or four good seasons they seem to be on a dramatic slide. 

the management team must be on thin ice surely as it is looking like they could be relegated. Which would be a real shame as a great set up and firmly deserves to be in the premier league.

Archived