Troon F.C. 2016/17

Troon Portland

Obviously the management team aren't doing there job right or they wouldn't be in the position they are in.

Is my opinion wrong about the form troon had when those 2 coaches were involved??

I think if you look back over results when those 2 guys were there, the form was significantly better than now. Hence why they got to a cup final last season and finished high up the league. Maybe just a coincidence.

Just my opinion tho.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lineo said:

Obviously the management team aren't doing there job right or they wouldn't be in the position they are in.

Is my opinion wrong about the form troon had when those 2 coaches were involved??

I think if you look back over results when those 2 guys were there, the form was significantly better than now. Hence why they got to a cup final last season and finished high up the league. Maybe just a coincidence.

Just my opinion tho.

As much as I agree that is stinks of the management team not working I need to also go back to my point about players getting bought for huge prices and demanding huge wages. So many big ego's and individuals in that squad and they must do better.

I'm never one for going for a managers throat.. yes its their team and their tactics but we are not playing under 5 football here.. players need to take responsibility for their own performances, their own fitness and make sure they are putting back into the club and community to the same level as the supporters and club are putting into them.

2 hours ago, juniorfootyspy said:

As much as I agree that is stinks of the management team not working I need to also go back to my point about players getting bought for huge prices and demanding huge wages. So many big ego's and individuals in that squad and they must do better.

I'm never one for going for a managers throat.. yes its their team and their tactics but we are not playing under 5 football here.. players need to take responsibility for their own performances, their own fitness and make sure they are putting back into the club and community to the same level as the supporters and club are putting into them.

I don't know if it's a case of egos being too big, or whether the players Troon have bought are mostly past their best.

Colin Spence for example was a good player in his day, and probably still is, but he was pretty much discarded by Talbot.  You can't expect to compete for league titles using players that your rivals have decided aren't good enough any more.  The same goes for Keenan and Collins.  And Ross Robertson was used as a target man by Hurlford so much it appears he has forgotten how to be a striker.

I don't know if it's a case of egos being too big, or whether the players Troon have bought are mostly past their best.

Colin Spence for example was a good player in his day, and probably still is, but he was pretty much discarded by Talbot.  You can't expect to compete for league titles using players that your rivals have decided aren't good enough any more.  The same goes for Keenan and Collins.  And Ross Robertson was used as a target man by Hurlford so much it appears he has forgotten how to be a striker.

Oh trust me there are egos involved too. Including the running of the club however you also have a point. If there players were good enough to compete for this league then they would have never been sold in the first place.

Some of their "key" players are past it but as I said previously, playing mcknight and keenan in defense is a recipe for disaster. Young lad forsyth was in fine form until Robertson appeared and where's gunner?

I feel for Burnsy as he will be off if they get relegated and I don't think he has full control. Will apologise if not true.

Beginning of the season I thought Troon looked a good side although we weren't very good . Return match at the Vale was night & day with Keenan who has been getting criticism here saving them on a few occasions . Hopefully stay up as I always enjoy my day down there win lose or draw

Beginning of the season I thought Troon looked a good side although we weren't very good . Return match at the Vale was night & day with Keenan who has been getting criticism here saving them on a few occasions . Hopefully stay up as I always enjoy my day down there win lose or draw

If Keenan was put up for sale half the league would buy him assuming there are no fitness concerns. I haven't seen Troon much this season but he is a top player at this level, especially with some runners alongside him.

If burnsy isn't getting to pick the team and overall say then there's no point in him being there. At the end of the day in football the blame always falls back on the manager. He'd be better off walking away. No point in damaging his own reputation due to someone else calling the shots. There's no way managers at other top clubs would work under this.

I agree that players like Spence, Keenan and Collins are past it with retrospects of challenging for titles. Keenan is overweight and definitely isn't fit enough.

I heard from a friend of mine that Dean Keenan has been helping to pick the team on Saturdays? Any truth?

On paper some really good players in the team but haven't seen them this season so can't comment on players playing out of position etc- that is up to management but top league juniors should be able to look after their own fitness especially with the reported wages involved- no excuses there

Been hearing today that Troon have been shy in paying for their bills accumulated for training facilties?

Rumour is they have been using someone else's accout via the council to gain access to the parks but bills are unpaid going back to Sept last year and the account holder has had to paid in full himself and is left chasing Troon...

Much truth??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived