Troon F.C. 2016/17

Troon Portland

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

I heard differently!! Either sign for Troon or they'll make it impossible for him to play elsewhere. Kirkwoods employ him so can make him work wherever and whenever! Poor show from Troon

Heard the exact same , if you sign for queens park for no money towards troon  then we will make sure you will regret it , you will work away from home hence being forced to go amateur . 

From a glasgow based workmate. 

Heard the same from mates of his. Meant to be joining Mauchline Ammies. Allegedly Talbot wanted him last season, he was told they couldn't guarantee Saturdays off. All rumours I suppose, but no smoke without fire!

Dear me, murky waters on this thread. The team at Troon are impressive match day hosts and building a good set up. It would be a real shame if they spoiled their reputation. Boys who link their football and jobs in this way should have their eyes wide open.

Troon lost the services of several players last season as Jim had to send them away to fulfil work contracts .

This means that they missed both training and games.

As this happens to any Troon player employed by Jim it will also happen to any player employed by Jim.

No conspiracy just the problems faced by any player who works shifts or contracts.

Honestly, you go away on holiday & come back to find a load of nonsense posted about your club!

Firstly, to use Dean Keenan as an example, he signed for Troon about two years or more before he got a job with the Kirkwood's. He was looking to change his job & they were looking for staff, so a no-brainer for all involved. And with that job, as with most shift-based jobs, he's missed training and games occasionally. Similar scenario with anyone at Troon who works for them. But we have guys who work in the police & self-employed guys who are all in the same boat, so this isn't anything new to anybody - same at lots of non-professional teams, whether we like it or not!

As far as I'm aware, nobody has been signed with the "carrot" of a job. That includes Ross Robertson, and that comes straight from Jim Kirkwood.

Somebody said no smoke without fire? No smoke OR fire, I'm afraid.

if you sign for queens park for no money towards troon  then we will make sure you will regret it

Disappointed in you Hertha, expected better from you than that.

If you have ever met or spoken to Jim Kirkwood, you'll know he is a gentleman. Anybody who has met him knows this is a ridiculous comment to attribute to him.

From a purely footballing perspective we wanted Gaz to stay, but he wanted to test himself at a higher level with Queens Park & Jim wished him all the best.

31 minutes ago, Troon Portland said:

Honestly, you go away on holiday & come back to find a load of nonsense posted about your club!

Firstly, to use Dean Keenan as an example, he signed for Troon about two years or more before he got a job with the Kirkwood's. He was looking to change his job & they were looking for staff, so a no-brainer for all involved. And with that job, as with most shift-based jobs, he's missed training and games occasionally. Similar scenario with anyone at Troon who works for them. But we have guys who work in the police & self-employed guys who are all in the same boat, so this isn't anything new to anybody - same at lots of non-professional teams, whether we like it or not!

As far as I'm aware, nobody has been signed with the "carrot" of a job. That includes Ross Robertson, and that comes straight from Jim Kirkwood.

If you have ever met or spoken to Jim Kirkwood, you'll know he is a gentleman. Anybody who has met him knows this is a ridiculous comment to attribute to him.

From a purely footballing perspective we wanted Gaz to stay, but he wanted to test himself at a higher level with Queens Park & Jim wished him all the best.

32 minutes ago, Troon Portland said:

So why is the guy not at Queen's Park then if you wished him all the best to sign for them ? :huh: 

Heard the exact same , if you sign for queens park for no money towards troon  then we will make sure you will regret it , you will work away from home hence being forced to go amateur . 

From a glasgow based workmate. 

That's why!!

Archived