Troon F.C. 2016/17

Troon Portland

If I won the lottery or came into a large amount of cash ie millions then there is no doubt that I would fund my club in any way I could . I would start as Troon have by improving the facilities then I would fund the team . There is no way I would ever walk away & leave the club in a mess as the Meadow funders have . By the looks of it Troon have someone in the ilk of what I would do & fair play to said person . No one has ever came out & said different

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally if someone wants to spend their cash on a club then fair dos . They have improved the infrastructure at the club no end as well so good luck to them I say .

Everyone says that until the clubs start winning major trophies.

At £220 a week  so he should be.

I can categorically state THAT is not true. And I know, I signed his contract! I'm not ever going to discuss anyone's actual wages, but there isn't a single Troon player contracted for anything near that amount.

I think a few of the comments on here are a bit unfair. It's no secret that when Jim & Jimmy Kirkwood came in to Troon the club was at a very low ebb both on & off the field, and they have saved our club. Any personal investment from Jim has gone on infrastructure at the ground, and Portland Park is now a very impressive Junior ground to visit. The park is one of the best in Scotland (not just the Juniors), the terracing has been expanded & improved a few times in the last few years but the biggest improvement is in the clubhouse. It is now not only perfect for matchdays, but also a fantastic venue for all kinds of other functions. Jim's investment in this has brought a steady income back in & that has obviously improved our budget - isn't that the best way to improve a club?

Nobody likes to see what has happened to Irvine Meadow financially, but at our A.G.M. last Sunday we saw that the books balanced again for the 3rd or 4th year in a row. If you are balancing the books through hard work, nobody can begrudge you a few signings surely?

Not quite the exclusive I was hoping it might be, but I'm still delighted to announce that we have signed Ross Robertson from Hurlford! Website article: http://troonfc.com/news/new-signing-ross-robertson/

Welcome to Portland Park, Rossco!

Good luck to Rosco. Sorry to see him leave Blair Park, but I'm sure he'll be a top performer at Troon.

I can categorically state THAT is not true. And I know, I signed his contract! I'm not ever going to discuss anyone's actual wages, but there isn't a single Troon player contracted for anything near that amount.

I think a few of the comments on here are a bit unfair. It's no secret that when Jim & Jimmy Kirkwood came in to Troon the club was at a very low ebb both on & off the field, and they have saved our club. Any personal investment from Jim has gone on infrastructure at the ground, and Portland Park is now a very impressive Junior ground to visit. The park is one of the best in Scotland (not just the Juniors), the terracing has been expanded & improved a few times in the last few years but the biggest improvement is in the clubhouse. It is now not only perfect for matchdays, but also a fantastic venue for all kinds of other functions. Jim's investment in this has brought a steady income back in & that has obviously improved our budget - isn't that the best way to improve a club?

Nobody likes to see what has happened to Irvine Meadow financially, but at our A.G.M. last Sunday we saw that the books balanced again for the 3rd or 4th year in a row. If you are balancing the books through hard work, nobody can begrudge you a few signings surely?

very well put sir

Will never understand why people come on here and post pish . :huh:

Just means people need to come on and correct them like the troon guy today and the Beith guy yesterday on the trophy thread .

Just makes them look stupid when corrected .

I would question why people actually believe it in the first place.

Every week there is nonsense on here about players wages.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/07/2016 at 13:27, adipure said:

There's probably a few things troon don't want to come out in the coming days and weeks

Will read your second post with interest.

Archived