kilsyth rangers 2016/17

Krfc 10

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kilsyth 3-2 Renfrew. 0-2 down to a 93rd minute winner. Paul Mcbride, Gary Kelly pen and a great strike from Scott Davidson in stoppage time. Great fight back and great spirit from the lads. Mark Tyrrell missed a penalty for Kilsyth. Andrew Carlin with a couple of cracking saves in the 1st half.

Great result and shows the strength of character determination of the whole team. They don't know they're beat!! One more game down, a few more to go. I'm sure Hoggy, Kevin and Aldo will keep everyone in check and focussed on the next game only.

Certainly seemed like Kilsyth were below par against Renfrew. 'Frew looked good for their 2-0 lead but the turning point was Rangers getting a quick goal back. Unfortunately, not for the first time this season, 'Frew then self destructed and let their opponents back into a game with some careless, even comical, defending.  I would have settled for a draw as time went on but it was not to be. 

I overheard some home fans saying FT that their team had got out of jail, which perhaps best summed it up.

The blustery conditions did not help either side who like to keep the ball down and play football on the deck. Good luck to Kilsyth in remaining matches.

One final comment about the catering:  the pies must have been sponsored by the local dentist as the bottoms were brick hard and well fired, and the cups for the tea/bovril/coffee were the smallest I have encountered for many a year.

The pies are usualy fine to be honest , but we actualy commented ourselves on the cups yesterday that most other grounds have larger cups of bovril .
As for the game , 1st half we never showed up , 2nd half much better , dunno if u were one of the guys along from us with the frew jackets on , but even though i was elated at late winner , felt sorry for they guys , there heads sank at the late winner , was a right boot in the baws , av bn there a no what its like !

On 4/16/2017 at 19:36, Sharpal27 said:

Certainly seemed like Kilsyth were below par against Renfrew. 'Frew looked good for their 2-0 lead but the turning point was Rangers getting a quick goal back. Unfortunately, not for the first time this season, 'Frew then self destructed and let their opponents back into a game with some careless, even comical, defending.  I would have settled for a draw as time went on but it was not to be. 

I overheard some home fans saying FT that their team had got out of jail, which perhaps best summed it up.

The blustery conditions did not help either side who like to keep the ball down and play football on the deck. Good luck to Kilsyth in remaining matches.

One final comment about the catering:  the pies must have been sponsored by the local dentist as the bottoms were brick hard and well fired, and the cups for the tea/bovril/coffee were the smallest I have encountered for many a year.

Renfrew controlled the majority of the game, made 3 defensive slip ups and paid the price.  They should of had the game wrapped up at half time - could have been 3 or 4-0 at half time had the chances been converted.  Well done to KRFC though, goof fight back.

Archived