kilsyth rangers 2016/17

Krfc 10

Maryhill 2-5 Kilsyth. Nick Prentice (2) Paul Mcbride (2) & Corey Pearson. Maryhill hit the post and missed a penalty. Cracking value for money game. Who needs the Seniors?!?
Gary Kelly was fantastic in midfield again for us. Michael McGee had another solid performance in midfield then dropping back to centre half. Well done lads.

Maryhill were decent and think they'll take points off teams this season. Their #8 McClellan? & #10 stood out for me. 

On to Friday night's game at Renfrew now for Kilsyth.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought that Kilsyth were excellent yesterday. On the attack we were as dangerous as anyone I've seen in the Juniors lately :). Much more exciting to watch on the ball, creating plenty positive opportunities. Thought that Davidson up top was a class act and linked up well with Nicky and McBride again. Definately makes a huge difference holding up the ball and finding the killer passes. Nicky excellent on the wings as per. Look forward seeing Frannie in the mix too in a couple of weeks! Good to see a couple of the lads in the goal hunt early in the season. 

Couple of silly mistakes at the back, but if we create and score the way we did yesterday, we'll be doing well this year. 

Well done Hoggy, and I don't say that too often lol :thumsup2 

More of the same against Renfrew on Friday night please!!

Renfrew 1-2 Kilsyth. 2 cracking finishes from Scott Davidson, 1 from inside the centre circle. Michael Duke had 3 great saves to keep us in the game. Was a bit sloppy at times 2nd half but a win is a win. Nick Prentice was on the end of a few terrible challenges 2nd half. Renfrew were a tad lucky to keep 11 on the park.
Really enjoyed my first visit to New Western Park.

Kilsyth 3-0 Irvine Meadow. A nice header from Nick Prentice, a thunderous volley from Paul Mcbride & another cracking Corey Pearson free kick gave us a comfortable victory.
Was good to see PJ Dolan today. Every single Kilsyth player was fantastic today. Michael McGee was a stand out in midfield for me. Well done lads.

Played well today, thought big mick mcghee and div waters were standouts,scored 3 good goals, don't want to take anything away from us cos we were excellent an always in control but that's got to b one of the poorest meadow teams I've saw in years, I can c them being in trouble if they don't pick up quickly!!!!

Good strong performance today from all the lads. Great to think that we played this well with quite a few of the key guys missing!!

McGee was a class act today. Best player on the pitch by a mile. Outstanding all over the pitch but really dug deep and held it together to keep things solid in midfield!! 

Couple of classy goals today rounded off a great afternoons entertainment at Duncansfield.  

Really positive signs from us today in our target to improve on last year!!!  

No fixture on Saturday due to a bye in the Scottish and it being September Weekend. 

Next fixture is still to be advised.

Only confirmed match is Saturday 15th October at home vs Renfrew in the West of Scotland Cup.

21 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Played well today, thought big mick mcghee and div waters were standouts,scored 3 good goals, don't want to take anything away from us cos we were excellent an always in control but that's got to b one of the poorest meadow teams I've saw in years, I can c them being in trouble if they don't pick up quickly!!!!

Well done on you victory. You have to remember that this is a completely different Meadow team from recent years. None of the current team or management were with us last season. The team is made up of players from the Ayrshire league and amateurs so it's not a surprise that we find ourselves in this position. We'll be doing well to stay in this league & that was made clear before the season started. We've lost to yourselves & Clydebank, two teams your would expect to be pushing for promotion. All the best for the season ahead.

3 hours ago, Kochice said:

Well done on you victory. You have to remember that this is a completely different Meadow team from recent years. None of the current team or management were with us last season. The team is made up of players from the Ayrshire league and amateurs so it's not a surprise that we find ourselves in this position. We'll be doing well to stay in this league & that was made clear before the season started. We've lost to yourselves & Clydebank, two teams your would expect to be pushing for promotion. All the best for the season ahead.

What you've just said said is exactly what the poster was saying, the poorest meadow team for years, no one was having a dig, hope you can improve and stay in this league, which is btw very competitive, all the best

If Medda build up and stick with a squad for a few seasons then they'll gel together and start doing well... Look at us we were left without a full squad when Maxi took over and it was essentially boys stepping up from 21s thrown together.. Relegated that season, promoted the next, avoided relegation after that and season 4 we're sitting top of the Prem, in a cup final and the main squad has more or less stayed the same with a couple of faces coming and going

According to the betting your quoted as one of the favourites for the league ? An bounce straight back up? Was made clear at start of season that u'l do well to stay in the league? By who ? Obviously other meadow posters weren't sure what this season would bring but I'm sure they expected to be near the top end of the league for sure, a no its still early days mind but they are the poorest team we've played so far.

14 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Was made clear at start of season that u'l do well to stay in the league? By who?

The management team held a meeting with supporters at the end of June where their expectations were made clear and were under no illusions as to how difficult it was going to be in this league. A case of hope for the best but prepare for the worst. 

Archived