Irvine Victoria 16/17

IrvineVicsMan

Girvan played really well today. Totally dominated the match and could have been a few more goals in it. Was expecting a tougher game to be honest after our encounters last season. All the best for the season though.

Girvan's front 6 were outstanding from start to finish and as you said could have been 5/6 easily.

Look comfortable at the back as well and if it wasn't for the dodgy penalty given by the linesman they would've had a clean sheet too.

Long season ahead though. I'm sure Vic's will bounce back as they've had some good results recently.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 01:40, skinnymalinkylonglegs said:

ADL AGAIN,NO WHERE NEAR GOOD ENOUGH.

I follow the team week in, week out, so I have a better knowledge of our capabilities, what's your excuse?

Our results: Yes I get it we are currently bottom of the table. 

Our performances: bit of a mixed bag here if I am being honest however;

Playing squad: definitely good enough without a doubt. There's at least half a dozen players who would be first picks in the Premier league, never mind our own division.

If we do end back in the ADL next season then it wont be for the lack of trying, however it will be down to the management. They have a strategy which they have stuck to and there appears to be no flexibility. We have stuck to playing 3 at the back, which all fans, and some former players, have been critical of for the last 3 seasons. We are also playing this formation to accommodate 2 of the managers favourites, who if those players I am talking about were being honest, have been poor by their own standards. Don't get me wrong I am not pointing the finger at this pair alone but it is definitely contributing to our current predicament. (IMO we are starting games 2 men down) Also management don't appear to know their strongest starting 11 which doesn't help either. Yes I get it that suspensions, injuries, work & other commitments play their part in team selection, but the position we are in now can only be changed by the management. Pick your strongest 14(subs that will not weaken the team when they come on) and stick by them. Only injury, poor form or suspension invokes a change. If results pick up then those on the fringes have to push themselves harder to change the managers thinking. We also need to resort to a basic 4-4-2, be difficult to break down and allow our flair players to have an impact on the game.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but only want what best for my team.

"Mon the Toria!"

T

I follow the team week in, week out, so I have a better knowledge of our capabilities, what's your excuse?

Our results: Yes I get it we are currently bottom of the table. 

Our performances: bit of a mixed bag here if I am being honest however;

Playing squad: definitely good enough without a doubt. There's at least half a dozen players who would be first picks in the Premier league, never mind our own division.

If we do end back in the ADL next season then it wont be for the lack of trying, however it will be down to the management. They have a strategy which they have stuck to and there appears to be no flexibility. We have stuck to playing 3 at the back, which all fans, and some former players, have been critical of for the last 3 seasons. We are also playing this formation to accommodate 2 of the managers favourites, who if those players I am talking about were being honest, have been poor by their own standards. Don't get me wrong I am not pointing the finger at this pair alone but it is definitely contributing to our current predicament. (IMO we are starting games 2 men down) Also management don't appear to know their strongest starting 11 which doesn't help either. Yes I get it that suspensions, injuries, work & other commitments play their part in team selection, but the position we are in now can only be changed by the management. Pick your strongest 14(subs that will not weaken the team when they come on) and stick by them. Only injury, poor form or suspension invokes a change. If results pick up then those on the fringes have to push themselves harder to change the managers thinking. We also need to resort to a basic 4-4-2, be difficult to break down and allow our flair players to have an impact on the game.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but only want what best for my team.

"Mon the Toria!"

T

6 players that would start in premier league ? Really. Elaborate on these players ? And why are they not getting points on the board in the league they are just now ?

Well said Tombo, only stating what others are thinking!

Great bunch of lads who are capable of more (Scottish Cup games prove that). Set up all wrong, losing goals from wide positions week in week out because of back 3. Time to get back to the basics before it's too late, 2 banks of 4 with 2 up front, lets make ourselves difficult to beat.

Girvan played well on Saturday & deserved the victory, much more clinical & streetwise that our boys.

Vics support a loyal bunch & will stick by the team, Mon the Toria!

Having just seen the Vics once this season - cup game at Yorker week last Saturday- I'm not in a strong position to comment, but  based on that game, I'm really surprised to see Vics struggling in the league.  They looked a good side that day and a footballing one. I hope they stay up, not just because of the team, but also liked the Vics support that day.  They seem a loyal bunch with a good sense of humour, often self deprecating.  A club that is easy to like

20 hours ago, kilmarnock1997 said:

6 players that would start in premier league ? Really. Elaborate on these players ? And why are they not getting points on the board in the league they are just now ?

It's all about opinions mate,I could list  the names and then everyone and their dug would come on here to rip them up for arse paper. :shutup

However in my opinion there are probably 6 players  who should be playing at a level above. I will give you one to ponder, seen as you posted on here last year about him when he signed for a club not far from here who were playing in the Super Premier league..... Grant Bolton. It maybe didn't work out at the Buffs for him, but at the start of this season he was a Super Premier league player and should still be there. IMO he is a class act.

The rest I will leave for others to speculate, but those who watch the Victoria regularly will know who I am talking about.:rolleyes:

T

Plan on going to the cup tie v Carluke Saturday week.  Any pubs you would recommend for a pre match pint?  Last Vics game I went to had a couple in the Ship Inn, nice enough pub.  Any other suggestions?

Plan on going to the cup tie v Carluke Saturday week.  Any pubs you would recommend for a pre match pint?  Last Vics game I went to had a couple in the Ship Inn, nice enough pub.  Any other suggestions?

Theve a wee club inside the park, why not give your money to the vics ?

All the best for Saturday guys. :thumsup2

Won't be there as I am down at Wembley. Plus I will be spending the time prior to the big game, dodging "mad Ryan Singleton" and his crew!:1eye :ass

"Mon the Toria"

T

Archived